Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Pilot Any Good?

Stephen61

got caught today in my works van by a casualty reduction van {CASH MACHINE} going though a quiet area of sheffield, i use this road nearly every day an its the first time iv'e ever seen one. it was hiding in a layby on a 1 way street in between two parked cars so you can't see it untill ur on top of it. 30 zone an i was doing about 36 :censor:

anyway iv'e had enough id rather spend a grand protecting myself than give another penny to another sneaky road tax so iv'e been to see about a radar detector.

Has any of you seen one called a micro road pilot? iv'e been quoted about £700 for one and an infared scrambler

iv'e been told it warns you in plenty of time for

GATSO

TRUVELO

SPECS

and completely jams the ones in the van, you can also add on a radar detector which scans for Hand helds and normal radar cameras {the grey boxes}.

I know its nearly twice as much as road angel but iv'e heard that not as good as its meant to be.

I don't drive fast genrally but im fed up of cameras being posted everywhere like on safe, quite, backcountry roads where its got nothing to do about saving lives and is all about making money!

scrambler are illegal, dunno how good they are, I wouldnt go that far, these mobile camera are hard to spot and the dectors dont give you much time, wait a while cos most GATSO are gonna get removed

Go look here for good reviews written by the guy who was on 5th Gear last year.

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/frames.htm

Personally, I wouldn't get a jammer - illegal.

I use a Cyclops. Warns of Truvelos, Gatsos, Specs and tells you the limit when you hit one. Simple, effective and rugged

Go look here for good reviews written by the guy who was on 5th Gear last year.

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/frames.htm

Personally, I wouldn't get a jammer - illegal.

I use a Cyclops. Warns of Truvelos, Gatsos, Specs and tells you the limit when you hit one. Simple, effective and rugged

And, no, I don't know why it posted twice!

whereabouts in sheffield stephen?

i'll be making sure to avoid that one if u tell me :thumbsup:

thanks for the info still undecided what to do so i might leave it for a while.

Do you know outerbridge? on the one-way bit on the bottom road coming from middlewood towards stocksbridge it was hiding in between two parked cars just before all the pubs and the pellican crossing. You from Sheffield? where abouts?

know exactly where u mean mate, thx for info. i often go to my mates at deepcar that way, so i will keep an eye out.

im from swallownest originally but live in wincobank now (the nice part - jenkin road, sandstone area - not the lower part) :D

if u ever want to go to meadowhall drop me a pm and i'll look outta my back bedroom window to see whether the car park's full or not :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links