Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Parts Are No Longer As A Rip Off

tony4

I'm very surprise that Toyota parts are actually cheaper than the blueprint parts.

For example,

a brand new front side light from Toyota cost me £40 a pair over the counter.

a used front side light from scrap yart cost me £30 EACH + VAT + DELIVERY.

a cambelt from Toyota cost me £26.

a cambelt from Blue print cost me £33.

I did use my MR2DC 10% to get those price. So, don't be afraid to get parts from Toyota.

Tony,

Did you get these parts from Roman Toyota (on the A36)? I have to agree with you their parts are reasonably priced. I bought an oil filter for £6.00. Other places wanted £9.99!

Having said that, you can get a cambelt from Fensport for £16.50 (early type) or £21.00 (later type). Arguably, it would probably cost you a couple of quid for the postage, so for convenience this isn't that bad.

To be honest i dont think the price of the parts that are the problem its the bloody LABOUR COSTS of Mr T. :blink:

Rash

I think the local one for me is £70 an hour .. then add "15% cause it's an MR2" .. and then add "we wouldn't touch it mate" cause it's an import ..

dealers canot alter their prices unless they are selling non genuine parts.

Most parts a dealer will only make 28%

Its TMME that supply the pricey parts to the dealers. All dealers pay the same price

It is precisely the labour costs that have got me working on the second MR2 as a project car. The idea is to learn how to do most of the work myself esp. engine stuff. The cost savings can be enormous!!

Tony,

Did you get these parts from Roman Toyota (on the A36)? I have to agree with you their parts are reasonably priced. I bought an oil filter for £6.00. Other places wanted £9.99!

Having said that, you can get a cambelt from Fensport for £16.50 (early type) or £21.00 (later type). Arguably, it would probably cost you a couple of quid for the postage, so for convenience this isn't that bad.

Yes, I got it from Roman Toyota. They seems to remember me and doesn't need to show the proof of membership. I've been visiting them too often....that's where all my money gone...

Oil filter for £6?? that's !Removed! good deal... do you reckon I should get my spark plug from them or there's better place to get. Note that mine is a standard turbo.

I would get spark plugs from Fensport. Mines a stardard turbo too. The guys there seem to know what they're talking about. How many miles has your done? Plugs shouldn't need changing until the 60,000 mark. If you're going to do the plugs, I would do Rotor Arm and Dizzy Cap too. Definately get these from Fensport cos they're damn expensive, even from Roman Toyota!

I will be doing mine over the next few months (just need to allocate the neccessary cash!!). When the time comes, maybe we should do a joint order......

Mine has done 97000km. So I'm going to have a oil, filter and cambelt change as I don't have any history from japan.

I have ask the mechanics to check over the dizzy, spark plug and coolant for me. I will change these few things myself if needed, but not the cambelt. £30 for an hour, quoted for 5hours job to change the belt. £150 labour for cambelt change is very cheap for a turbo.

I've just had my 4wheel alignment, feels alot better now.

Dame, I've a request. Do u mind letting me see you working on your car so that i can learn something next time. Only if near to Bath.

Sounds like a good idea, I did exactly the same when I got mine. Of course you can watch me work on the car but...... I don't do the work in Bath, but in Garway, Herefordshire with my brother. It's around 30 miles from Bath, but your welcome to pop in any time if you like. We'll be working on the other car as soon as weather permits - it's not a Turbo, but has a lot in common with the turbo.

Many tasks are pretty easy, oil change is a sinch, haven't done the coolent yet, but I don't see any major hassle, brake pads should be pretty straightforward. I'm intending to tread new ground with the white car, so that I can get a feel for the MR2 without running into the danger of putting mine out of action. I have the workshop manual, so all tasks should be straightforward enough, as long as the nuts come undone.....

£150 is a very good price for a cambelt change. I had a mate change mine, he managed it without removing the engine from the car. I've changed cambelts on other car before, but the MR2 is hard to work on. FOrtunately the white car needs this doing soon, and since it is off the road, I have the opportunity to take as long as I like over the change!

You car will feel a lot better with the 4 wheel alignment. It's worth it just to save the tyres from wearing uneavenly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links