Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Fluid...

Funkadelic

Sorry but the manual I have is usless.

Would anybody care to tell me how to bleed it all out then fill up again, step by step? I'm sure it's pretty easy but I don't really have a clue.

Also, anybody got a copy of the Toyota Workshop manual they could send me, either printed or on CD? :blink:

Cheers in advance.

Its basically just the same as bleeding air out of the system. Its easiest if you have a pressure bleed kit. Thats a bottle that holds a load of new fluid that has a pipe with a cap that fits your reservoir and another pipe that plugs onto a tyre(for its pressure). You fit this then open up the bleed nipples (starting furthest from the brake master cylinder(and reservoir) letting out fluid till you think the new stuff is through. Work your way sequentially to the closest and you're done. If you dont have a pressure bleed kit its just the same, except you pump the fluid out by pumping the pedal, just keep the reservoir topped up and use one of those one man bleed pipes with a one way valve in it so you dont suck air back into the system as you let your foot off the pedal. Collect the fluid in an old milk bottle and take it to your local council tip to dispose(please dont pour it down the drain). Dont be tempted to use DOT 5 fluid , its synthetic and could cause your brake system seals to perish and leak (not good for stopping).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links