Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spot the odd one out....

TheNissanMan

http://tubby.custard.org/mr2/ryan.bmp

Have been in Wales since last Friday and arranged to meet an old mate over the weekend who byy chance was going on an Audi TT run on unday through the BRecons, thought it might be amusing to see how a '91 Rev 1 Mk2 MR2 would keep up with the 4WD 23k cars (OK so I was feeling a bit daft).

We all met up at 11am at Cardiff Gate services to meet up and head off towards the mighty Brecons (if you've had the pleasure of driving through them before you'll know why I call them mighty).

Only once did I really fall behind, I couldn't get past the car in front on the tight twisty roads (I still blame the fact that it was raining and my back tyres really, really need replacing, Im sure slicks are illegal (oops))...

End of the day was finished with a 'OMG your still here I didn't think you'ld keep up, nice one' and a smile and an amazing day was had by all , not to many brown trouser moments (apart from downhill, sharp bend approaching, back stepping out under breaking, oops)...

Am definately joining them for other meets, great pub lunch (cheap aswell) but though I'd post on here to see if anyone else wanted to be kept informed, I'll post on the meets and events area for up and comings although the ones I'll be posting will generally all be Brecons and Welsh runs for the TT outings.

Oops should I have said.... "All on Private Roads guv'nre, honest".....

:) sounds like you had an excellent time, who had to stay behind to take the picture?!

Don't think my auto 110bhp would be able to keep up dammit :(

One of the more powerful TT's stayed behind to take the photo, fropm the photo point to where we were was only 3 minutes if you could get round the corners quick enough, it was a great day out and was just happy to get back in one piece as speeds did get a little silly at times....

Have put the link to the rest of the photo's below for anyone interested, they are all on the samer thread and definately worth a look.

I don't know how the Sera performance compares to the early Mk2 MR2's but I was hooning it all day to keep up, gears in use at every corner and foot was in one of 2 positions, fully down or fully down, the smell of brake dust was very noticeable when we were done lol.

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/YaBB....;num=1044227099

Erm just a tad, was snowed in this morning so have been using a 2003 RAV 4, didn't think my car would be much fun on these roads with no tread left in these conditions....

Did try and take the roof off when we had one of our park up bits but put it staraight back on after a lorry overtook and sprayed the inside of the car with mud !! Typicl it was only valeted late last week.

Looks like you had a lot of fun rhaines. So theres not a lot of speed cameras there i hope not. As you guys looked like you where going for in :D

Speed Camera's on a Mountain, nope none of those.....

Police don't bother up there either as it really is the middle of the sticks and noone for miles....

Going for it was one way of putting it :)

Constantly between 5 + 7k on the rev's so always in the power band, full tank of petrol used so the car definately enjoyed it.....

Only prob is now I have slicks as rear tyres, bye bye £300 :) It was defo worth it...

Fav photo has to be the motorway shot in the rain where you can only just make the car out, I don't know how I kept up with them in that as I could hardly put any powerdown without the backend twitching, luckily got the balance right all day....

Should come a long to the next one....

Hey would love too rhaines mate!!

Good to see that theres TTs owners that drive the car hard rather than treat it like an oversized expensive styling accessory like so many other snooty TT owners out there.

MR2=Mid engined,RWD oversteer laffs:D

TT = 4WD understeer jibes:(

Pah gimme ANY revision mr2 anyday!:cool:

I agree would prefer a decent 2 but that TT really comes into it's own in the rain, my backend was twitching hard and stepping out whenever trying to put power down/braking hard but the TT's looked as if there was no difference.

These guys do push the cars hard scarily so at times...

Will post when the next meet is so peeps can join in if they want, it's likely to be in about 6-8 weeks time....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links