Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Vigo Problems

ROBBIE82

Hi all,

I have a 2007 3.0 d4d hilux vigo. Since getting it the engine has got quite loud when its cold and now is fairly loud all the time even when driving. The odd time the power will totally die while driving and engine light will come on. Once you turn ignition off and start back up its fine again just loud.

The noise can only be described as a kinda of cracking noise or as if a metal to metal noise. The engine light showed a large injector leak as the fault but no code etc. Some one said these imported vigos have injector probs...... anyone any feed back on this ?????

Also she is starting to knock a bit from the clutch area and i have been told its a dual mass fly wheel so does anyone know about problems with these or can a solid flywheel be put in instead.

Also the toyota original alarm keeps going off on its own constanly anyone any ideas on a problem or even how to turn it off completely ????

If the injectors and clutch & flywheel need replacing does anyone have a supplier contact for these vigo bits etc as toyota are telling me the vigo has different parts to irish & english models and are stupid money for all.

Cheers lads help on the above would be great.

check with EGR and have it cleaned from carbon deposits inside + achieve free movement of the valve stem.

are you sure all injectors give you an equal diesel portion per cycle ? any smoke available during acceleration?

you did not state total milage covered to give some tips

regards/Igor

check with EGR and have it cleaned from carbon deposits inside + achieve free movement of the valve stem.

are you sure all injectors give you an equal diesel portion per cycle ? any smoke available during acceleration?

you did not state total milage covered to give some tips

regards/Igor

I am going to send it to have injector diesel leak off & spray checked as i am hoping its only one. Had EGR cleaned out on service only 2,000 mls ago so should be ok and it was fairly clear. There is only 50,000 on clock.

No smoke at all its clean as a whistle just very loud when cold and now hearing it while driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links