Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.4 Hilux Surf Advice

Fusion235

Hi, I wondered if somone could lend some advice about my truck.

Its a 1992 SSRG 2LTE Surf, has 217kms on clock and has recently as preventative maintenance had the cylinder head replaced with the stronger version , head gasket, bolts, radiator & waterpump, glow plugs, injectors cleaned etc , all that stuff.

Truck runs great for its age & you can take it uphill with no smoke coming out the back, runs really good.

But when it starts cold at the moment, it starts straight away, but I get 20-30 seconds of roughness with white/grey smoke & misfires, then it runs superb with no smoke whatsoever, the smoke isnt steam/coolant, smells of your regular engine emissions & diesel, and you can start the truck when cold with radiator cap off and no bubbles come out nor does it splash out at all it just sits there nicely.

I am wondering what my next move should be, as I can only put it down to a few things, sticking/bad injector, air in fuel line/fuel pump issue, or a compression problem, however if it was a compression issue I would have thought I would be having more issues like loss of power,lots more smoke while driving etc

Any help would be awesome

Cheers

Matt.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'd like to know of you got that issue sorted, my surf does the same thing and I just thought it was a dodgy glow plug. Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links