Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Costs

Nik52

The wifes IQ needs its second service and we've been quoted £230 at RMB, is this about right, seems a lot to me

Thanks.

Nik.

Dunno but I just got servicing for #17 a month to cover me for the next 3 years . .

It IS far too much, but I think that is pretty much what you have to pay for a dealer to do the second service, but even then not a lot is done to justify the cost.

If you have other MrTs in the area you could get different quotes which may vary a little.

A brake fluid change is recommended for the second service so they may have included that in the cost.

Make sure the fluid change has been done if it was included in the quote, when you do get the car serviced.

I am on a service plan too because these service costs, when they hit you as a single payment, are a real party killer.

John

I will be getting quotes from both Mr T and a couple of independents. So long as they are VAT registered and use OE parts there shouldn't be a problem.

Fish

I've been on the Toyota web site and a full service is £189 but they recommend a brake fluid change for an extra £39.

I'm assuming this is what our local stealer has priced for but will phone later today to check.

On the subject of brake fluid, does a two year old car with 12000 miles really need it changing????

Nik.

re 'Brake Fluid Change'.

If the car 'has had' the 'Brake Pipe Recall' and had its fluid changed, then possibly get them 'not' to do a 2 year Fluid change,

and get that cost deducted.

(but then they should be telling you that.)

re 'Service done by an Independent'.

They are not going to have an 'Recall' information on your vehicle.

If your car is in Warranty and something is found during a service at a Toyota Dealer, you will expect that Warranty work to get done or arranged to be done!

Hardly going to happen if you are at an Independent.

**They might be more likely to spot something though if they are mechanics rather than technician/fitters.**

JMO obviously.

george

Can you tell me more about the brake recall ie models effected.

Car forums are so useful :thumbsup:

Nik.

Update.....

Rang another RMB dealer across town and they came in at £179 including a brake fluid change so it's booked in.

Nik.

• 4 weeks later...

Dropped the car off for its service this morning and what a result!

Previous owner had bought the service plan so major service totally free of charge, good start to the weekend.

Nik

Dropped the car off for its service this morning and what a result!

Previous owner had bought the service plan so major service totally free of charge, good start to the weekend.

Nik

You luk, luk, luck, luck, lucky bugger! Result eh, Nik? ;) All that worry... why do we do it? :huh: Not looking forward to our first service -for us, not the car, it'll be it's third service, and I believe an MOT. But it's worth it -I say that now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links