Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Mr2 Turbo Rev 3

T128

hi ALL MR2 OWNERS

i am not a new user on toyotaownersclub as i own a cts since last year and starting 2 days ago i am also a owner of a white 94 mr2 turbo and this is what i think of the mr2 so far

WOW :o i cant believe how fast these cars are to 60 my mr2 can keeps up or beat all the big boys :D

watch out guys i WILL need all your help once i save some money up again i gonna tune the mr2 to death as i have no money left right now for anything :( or if i have any engine problem

ps:can someone answer this qustion is it true the non-T-bar are quicker than a T-bar?? thats what i was told

T-top vs hard top......SUPPOSED to be quicker for the hard top as it's a BIT lighter but in real life...I doubt it. Same goes for GT-S & GT models...GT-S supposed to be a bit lighter as not as many extras (electrics etc) however most of the extras were options on the GT-S. The ONLY thing you might notice between the 2 apart from the constant chick pulling of the t-top :P is a bit of chassis flex....or so they say, Iv'e never noticed it but others reakon they have. Either way it's not enough to outway the shear style of the t-top (now guess what I have ;) )

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Definately, the weight reduction is negligable, there are too many other factors to consider such as quality of drivere, type/condition of tyres, type of weather etc. In real life, I can't see you noticing any difference at all.

i was always led to believe there may be a matter of milliseconds involved, but hey, i will let the tintops have a 1000th of a second over me, whilst i am posing with the roof off :lol:

besides if u get good rubber on the wheels u will probably gain that 1000th back anyway :thumbsup:

t-bar is 25kg heavier than other varieties due to reinforcing stuff, but whats 25kg between friends, especially when ur already at 1200kg.

thx everyone i was looking for a turbo T-bar and not hard top i have seen 5 t-bar turbo around the years are 90-93 all 5 t-bar i look at are in very bad condition so i gave up and got this hard top mr2 instant even tho is a 94 but it look more like 97 the paint work is ace

so whoever told me the hard top are lighter than the T-bar are true then

Yes they were right when they said its lighter, but what we're trying to say is that in reality it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. One thing you may find is that the tin top is slightly sturdier around the bends. This is because the increased strength provided by the roof causes the car to flex less. Again probably hardly even noticable.

in my limited experiance of my Rev 3 T-bar Turbo... i cant notice the flex at all and i have tried both the tin top and the T-bar...

Maybe i aint pushed the t-bar hard enough...

I notice the flex .. but then I've got no rebound on my shocks and extra bracing etc .. and I corner like a loon ..

what shocks and springs you got bibbs? my stock bilsteins are too reboundy for me, maybe theyve become knackered.

Yea the rebound on my rev3 turbo suspension is really bad! If I drive over a progressively steeper bump, it really throws the ***** of the car in the air usually spinning the rear wheels if I'm accelerating!

The rebound is one thing that scares me about the rev3 suspension.

my rev 3 suspension is really stiff.. and seems low.. ?

you aint seen anything yet ..

bh969 can tell ya, took him out for a spin the other weekend .. mines a bone shaker ..

What's the handling like on uneaven country roads? Do you ever get any instances when you seewp around corners and lose ground contact with one or more wheels due to lack of flex in the suspension? This is what puts me off changing the stock setup.

the only time it's like that is over painted lines or man hole covers in the wet ..

i have some update news on my car i have found out my mr2 is not a rev3 is infact a rev2 the geezer i got the car from said to me it was a 94 rev3

but today when i took the car to a mr2 specilist for some advise on the condition of this cars engine

we got chatting then he said to me is a rev2 which is rare on 94 and he also said the car is in good condition that i have pick up a bargin once i told him how much i pay

this does explain why the clutch is so heavy

ps:my first mod on this car will be viper filter just love the sound of the viper

he said to me is a rev2 which is rare on 94

How can that be when anything AFTER oct 1993 is a Gen III?? Can you give us ya chassis number...or take a pic of the engine bay so e can confirm??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

so rare cause it didn't happen .. it will have been built earlier and "may" have been registered in Japan/UK late ..

If it's been sat on a Toyota forecourt unregistered for 12 months and then they get a buyer .. it's registered as a new car .. can be very deceptive ..

KiwiMR2 i can send you photos i think you will find is same as any rev2's

anyway Bibbs is spot on :thumbsup:

on the log book the car first register february 1994 in japan

for me nothing change still really like mr2 turbo's :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links