Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clay Bar

Soeley

I had heard of it before but never used it.

Recently after washing my iQ (weekly pleasure) I notice it was no longer looking clean up close and the paint work felt rough to the touch. See pictures below.

DSCF2528.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

After a going over with the clay Bar (Maguires is the brand I use for car cleaning), it was an amazing transformation, the kind i would have only expected from T-cut, and as the clay bar in none abrasive, even better.

I have to confess I didn't take an after picture :( will try and think on tomorrow.

I've been using clay bar for years. I used the clay bar on my iQ when I first got it home from the dealer. The crap that builds up on it during shipment is amazing.

My choice of product is from the Chemical Guys here in California. They have amazing stuff.

Chemical Guys Clay Bars

I use Bilt Hamber myself. Nice soft so not going to mare the paintwork. Just remember to use plenty of lube as you dont want it grabbing the paint.

Fish

I think using the clay bar was one of the most satisfying things to do, the feel of the paintwork is so silky smooth afterwards you have to feel it to believe it.

I use Bilt Hamber myself. Nice soft so not going to mare the paintwork. Just remember to use plenty of lube as you dont want it grabbing the paint.

Fish

Yes it got top spot in Auto Express

Ideally you want to remove the tar and iron before claying, but thats a whole different story. :)

Fish

I thought that was the whole idea of the clay Bar, to remove road tar and traffic film that normal washing won't budge?

I thought that was the whole idea of the Clay Bar, to remove road tar and traffic film that normal washing won't budge?

You will want to remove the heavy large deposits from your paint before you use the clay bar. As Fish said earlier in the post, use of a lubrication fluid is key. Water isn't enough. Detail spray will work fine, just make sure you do small areas at a time.

For a cheaper version of the lube spray, use a very weak mix of shampoo.

Fish

Great tips guys. I was starting to get a bit worried at Mark's comments there. Our's needs a bit more than a clay bar. Lots of paint chips on the nose. Don't suppose Taz will have to worry, what with his bra on and all... car bra that is, I say, car bra that is.

Great tips guys. I was starting to get a bit worried at Mark's comments there. Our's needs a bit more than a clay bar. Lots of paint chips on the nose. Don't suppose Taz will have to worry, what with his bra on and all... car bra that is, I say, car bra that is.

Thank you for the clarification Bob. For a minute there I thought you were referring to my moobs!

i-ve-got-the-moobs-l_1331883070_epiclolcom.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links