Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Qustions Qustions ?

T128

1) what is the different between turbo GT AND GT-S ?????

2) am i suppose to let the car tick over for 2 mins before driving

and am i suppose to leave the car running for 2 mins before i switch off engine if i dont what will happen

3) why is the clutch on my mr2 so hard is that normal for a standard mr2 turbo?? i mean my left foot is hurting like mad right now

i cant drive this car to westend on rush hour my left foot will fall off

i drove my friends rx7 tt he fitting with racing clutch and quick shift and thats like rock hard do you think my car is fitted with racing clutch ?

4)how many miles you guys change oil ? what type do you use ?

5)how do one take good care of the turbo apart from drive slow?

1) what is the different between turbo GT AND GT-S ????? 

Not much....GT-S is SUPPOSED to be bit lighter as it can have less options like electrics + abs etc but they are all options on it so really nothing :)

2) am i suppose to let the car tick over for 2 mins before driving

and am i suppose to leave the car running for 2 mins before i switch off engine if i dont what will happen

IDEALY you can let the car warm up a bit before taking off in the mornig.....I usually go straight away BUT I don not take the revs over 3000 (so hardly even boosting) untill the temp gauge is on half way, then Im off ;) As for warming down....again best to do so...maybe after a hard run but remeber the MR2 gets REALLY hot when it ain't moving so a min should do. A turbo timer might help in that area...as would a remote car start for the mornings :)

3) why is the clutch on my mr2 so hard is that normal for a standard mr2 turbo?? i mean my left foot is hurting like mad right now

i cant drive this car to westend on rush hour my left foot will fall off

The stocker is probably a bit harder than a normal car....you MIGHT have a heavy duty one which is ***** in the traffic.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thanks KiwiMR2 my mr2 is a gt

what oil do you use?

dont suppose you can or anyone can let me know in short and simple term how the TWIN ENTRY TURBO works i know it dont feel like a twin turbo such as gto or rx7

one more qustion on the back of my car is got the gt Badge colour coded in white same colour as my car but i cant see any toyota Badge on either side have i got the "toyota" Badge missing or what?

thanks KiwiMR2 my mr2 is a gt

what oil do you use?

dont suppose you can or anyone can let me know in short and simple term how the TWIN ENTRY TURBO works i know it dont feel like a twin turbo such as gto or rx7

one more qustion on the back of my car is got the gt badge colour coded in white same colour as my car but i cant see any toyota badge on either side have i got the "toyota" badge missing or what?

TWIN ENTRY means it has 2 induction paths for air, one used for low RPM and one for higher RPM speeds. It is NOT a twin turbo. Since the c20b is a ceramic blade turbo and relatively small compared to T4's etc it spools up quickly and doesnt have the lag of a big turbo (and the nessesity for two turbos).

Ive got the GT-S in white and no Toyota badges are on the back, only one emblem on the front bonnet.

GT over GT-S has folding mirrors, ABS, fog lights that follow the direction of the steering wheel and possibly cruise control.

R.

Are the moving fogs standard or an option?

My mates tubby has them too,

He didnt know about them for ages,

then when he first used them thought he was seeing things! :D

Oil changes on Turbos should happen ever 4,000 - 5,000 miles. Toyota specify 10W 30 Synthetic (or semi synthetic oil), however, UK dealers have successfully used 10W 40 in Turbo cars, which is more readily available.

You shouldn't leave the engine running two minutes before driving, but you should certainly allow around two mins after driving. The reason for this is to allow the oil to circulate around the engine and cool the really hot parts i.e. the needle bearings on the turbo. Failure to do this can cause the oil to boil in places and block the pipes leading to critical components such as the turbo bearings (the turbo generates a lot of heat). If the bearings are starved of oil, your turbo will be toast in seconds!

The clutch will feel quite a bit heavier than a normal car. This is principally because it is designed to cope with the higher power levels of the turbo charged engine, and is effectivly as you say a type of racing clutch.

thanks guys really help out cos i have never own a turbo car ever i have drove over 10 turbo car since i pass me test many years ago but i have never own one this is my first time

is much easyer taking other peoples turbo car out for a spin then give it back to them when i finish for the day hehehehe :P :D :D

think i got all i need here in this post to get me going untill i ran in to some proper problems

thanks all

Pleasure to help matey. Turbo cars are fine, as long as you look after them. It's easy enough, just change oil regularly and service parts when needed.

Are the moving fogs standard or an option?

I THINK they are standard on the GT's + and option on the GT-S.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

TWIN ENTRY means it has 2 induction paths for air, one used for low RPM and one for higher RPM speeds.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

The 2 induction paths are from 1&4 cylinder and 2&3 cylinder. How can you shut off one path for the lower RPM ? I thought having 2 path will cause less turbulance inside the manifold.

i am back again i just cant leave the mr2 alone :D anyway while i was out i turn the fog lights on i am not sure if it move or not too busy checking out the birds i mean busy looking at the road in front

there is this switch just below the indicator its got auto written on it i press it once dont seen to do anything anyone know what is for

ps: i think mr2 owners seens to be much more mature think i gonna get some pics on me corolla tsport and mr2 turbo together

You probably wont be able to tell till it's night out.....usually the movable ones have one button but down is not moving & up is moving....non moving ones can only go down :) When it's dark out try each way (up and down) and turn the steering wheel and watch where the light shines.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

is night time now :)

i give it a try again tomorrow night cos is really late and cold now

i see what you saying now i will try and turn the steering wheel full lock on both side and see if it move

T128... I bet your sitting in your car right now,

trying to make your fogs move!! :D :D

I was the same when i got mine, i couldn't stay away from it.

(still cant,the guy next door is convinced im going to polish the paint off it!)

And as soon as the sun comes out the roof comes off! B)

is night time now 

i give it a try again tomorrow night cos is really late and cold now

i see what you saying now i will try and turn the steering wheel full lock on both side and see if it move

Doh! Ignore the start of my last post. :D

i have a doulbe garage one space is fill up with me dads car the other space me tsport is parking on it

i have to leave me mr2 outside on the drive way so i cant sit in the mr2 is park outside and is very cold tonight

i wish i had another garage space then i can play with the mr2 in the middle of night in a warm garage

cos the cts is so much newer than the mr2 i have no chioce but to leave the mr2 outside for the next year or so all i can do is wash and wax more but the tsport is garage everynight

yep it is very good to have one cos you dont need to wash the car as much and paintwork and rubber seal stay beautiful and keeps the interior in good condition too in summer when the sun is out and get really hot

Right thats it, i'm building a garage! :D

p.s 100th post, im now an advanced club member!!

TWIN ENTRY means it has 2 induction paths for air, one used for low RPM and one for higher RPM speeds.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

The 2 induction paths are from 1&4 cylinder and 2&3 cylinder. How can you shut off one path for the lower RPM ? I thought having 2 path will cause less turbulance inside the manifold.

I think you are spot on mate :(

I was explaining (in my usualy half asred way) about how the variable induction system worked - doh!

R.

Actually having a garage is a godsend, especially when it's ****** with rain outside and you're surrounded by mud. Ours fell down a few months ago, and I've really missed having it. Hopefully we can build a new one this summer :).

As for the steering fogs, from memory the switch needs to be in the up position.

today i went and try give the engine a good clean and polish but i find the engine isn't really dirty but cover with these white chalky mark all over the sliver bits of the engine metal and i have seen many import cars mr2 look like this

anyone know how i can make these chalky mark go away so engine can look more just sliver than sliver with loads of white chalky mark

talking about the advanges having a garage i can wash car while is raining and when the rain stop i go out and love the look on peoples face when they see me car look dry and clean there car look wet and dirty :D

today i went and try give the engine a good clean and polish but i find the engine isn't really dirty but cover with these white chalky mark all over the sliver bits of the engine metal and i have seen many import cars mr2 look like this

anyone know how i can make these chalky mark go away so engine can look more just sliver than sliver with loads of white chalky mark

talking about the advanges having a garage i can wash car while is raining and when the rain stop i go out and love the look on peoples face when they see me car look dry and clean there car look wet and dirty :D

I'd like to know too. Maybe the ship's captain snorted some magic dust off the rocket cover ?

R.

rikki do you know how to get rid of the stuff i try engine clean spay and it dont work cos is not dirty greasey stain

here is qustion for all your guys opinion IF a person is thinking saving up to put the 355 kit on there mr2 but he isn't doing this to make a fake 355 :P honest

just that person like the look of the kit and he will not called his mr2 with the 355 kit on anything other than toyota mr2

whats your opinion

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links