Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Seat Height Adjuster

Myles Taylor

Hi folks went to look at an Iq3 yesterday and I noticed that it didnt have a driver seat height adjuster but Iq2 models I have looked at do , is this correct or would this just be a model that happened to have it missing ? Ive not bought one yet still waiting for lease to run out on C1 but as soon as its gone an iq3 is on the cards and pictures shall be posted forthwith cant wait to get one and actually own a car of my own.

depends on when it was built , the seat height adjuster came in on late 2010 models i think. its not a model specific item, if you want one with a height adjusting seat , you need to look at 11 plates. i wanted one , but after 18 months i've managed to live without it.

MIne is an iQ2 built november 09 and doesnt have height adjuster

David

Mine is from April 2010 and does have it...

January 2010 registered iQ3 and no height adjustment that I've found?

Pretty sure it is mentioned in the handbook thought something like seat type A and seat type B. I'll take a look when I get home.

Well, It was registered in Jan 2010 but after shipping, storage, getting to the showroom Etc it might well have been built a few months prior to that date.

Craig.

And according to Mr T. if you manage to find a set and swap them over you invalidate your warranty!

Fish

And according to Mr T. if you manage to find a set and swap them over you invalidate your warranty! Fish

That's amazing. I wonder if adding an air freshener would invalidate the warranty as well.

It might explain why none of the dealers do the TRD upgrades. Dumb really as it could be a good money earning for them.

Fish

Just looked at the manual and seat type A is what I have, Fore and aft adjust and seat back angle adjust only. Seat type B has the addition of the seat height adjustment.

I have also noticed that most 3 door cars have a lever on the side that allows the seat back to tilt right forward then the seat slides forward allowing people into the back seats. Simply pulling the seat back then returns it to the same position it was before.

The iQ seats however (Type A) need you to reset the fore and aft and seat back angle every time you move the seat?

Craig.

Hi folks went to look at an Iq3 yesterday and I noticed that it didnt have a driver seat height adjuster but Iq2 models I have looked at do , is this correct or would this just be a model that happened to have it missing ? Ive not bought one yet still waiting for lease to run out on C1 but as soon as its gone an iq3 is on the cards and pictures shall be posted forthwith cant wait to get one and actually own a car of my own.

My late 2010 iQ3 has it.

is it not true also that if you have the seat height adjuster you can't tip the seat forward enough to let a passenger in behind you as it has limited movement. so they have to get in the back via the passenger seat

David

is it not true also that if you have the seat height adjuster you can't tip the seat forward enough to let a passenger in behind you as it has limited movement. so they have to get in the back via the passenger seat

David

I only ever seat a rear passenger behind the front passenger. I'm 6', so no way someone could sit behind me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links