Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Remove My Front Seats And Carpet?

Heathie

Hi, I have managed to remove all of the rear seats and trims so that I have been able to sound proof all the rear of the car rear,side, under the carpet and under all the storage trays.

I now want to sound proof all the front half including under the dash and foot wells.

All you need to do is un-clip the multi connectors under the seats and un-bolt them. Having said that the clips to the connectors are a pain because even after depressing the tabs they are still a nightmare to separate. Just be careful because some of the wires are quit thin and if they snap, very tricky to repair. As for the carpet i would hope its obvious once the seats and scuff plates are removed. P.S the centre consul is just a grab and pull but in layers

David

Agreed David.

Done all mine the same way & REALLY struggled with a clip under the passenger seat ;)

What sound deadening product did you go for Heathie ??

Next up for me will be the doors methinks

Si

I used 8mm felt on a rolll off eBay, I'm thinking of lining the fire wall in the engine bay with self adesive fireproof sound proofing. I do a lot of motorway driving and it can get a bit noisy at speed.

The motorway driving is what made up my mind for sound deadening.

After MUCH research I decided on actual car based products over 'alternative' products. The cost is more but only needs tackling in small areas to keep costs down a bit. Used silent coat stuff from a company called Car Audio Direct (No link between me and them just simply outstanding customer service). Ordered one day and received goods the next :)

Look for my topic "Sound deadening" on here somewhere. I've probably maxed out really around the car so far but I thought do it properly first time & I wouldn't have to go back and do it again !

My only problem is I'm trying to do bits in our 'family' car at the same time as justifying spending on the IQ lol

Si

The felt I used is made for car purposes and it works very well, cant here any road noise from the rear now so I cant wait to get the front half done

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links