Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Falling Dash!

Durcan T Sport

Hi,

Have my corolla T sport for about 10 weeks now, but I have noticd that the dash has moved, there is a gap between the radio and center controls, and a small gap over the radio.

There was a car kit installed, so is it a fault or was it because some butcher installed the car kit?

Its a 2001 T sport

Same thing happen with mine after the cd player was replaced! They don’t seem to fit back properly after they come out those cd players or dashboards! :(

As far as I am aware, no there is not once they have been taken out they are buggered! :angry: They never go back properly this is partly the reason for replacing the Toyota for a new Civic Type-R! :yes:

Nick :thumbsup:

Personally I would take it back to the place that did the install as they should be responsible for rectifiying the problem as they were the ones that caused it.....

some has happened to me ... that is if your talking about the air vents not fitting back tight.

...just go to your dealer ....and describe/show the problem.

They have solution for you.... :D ....(released this year)............... :thumbsup:

Guys, I had my CD player changed to an in-dash screen, and I found that my air vents fitted back in PERFECTLY. No spaces that you guys complain about and it didnt work loose after a while. [Note: I used past tense]

However, this week, my Corolla got broken into and my screen got nicked. So now I have a temporary aftermarket CD player in there and I now find I have the same problem as yourselves. The air vent piece doesnt quite fit back in right and after a while it works itself loose.

I have come to the conclusion that it needs to be put back in a certain way. I have spotted a number of clips that the fascia trim, centre console and air vent piece have, and all these must correspond and fit together. I will try to work on this today as it really :censor: me off that I lost my screen in the first place and now my cheap CD player doesnt fit properly.

Atik

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links