Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked It Up Today

Myles Taylor

Very pleased with it , in for side window tint tommorow then of to toyota world birmingham to get front and rear mud flaps and some interior mats , and then maybe look for some wheels , not sure yet as I like the ones already on itpost-117781-0-44812500-1339615793_thumb.post-117781-0-68192600-1339615876_thumb.

Ohhhh, Shiny :D

Looks great and I too like the wheels, Same as the ones on my iQ3 and reluctant to change them as they do suit the car.

So I assume your is an iQ3 but 6 speed manual or CVT?

Enjoy. :)

Craig.

Hi Myles, Very nice car. You know that VGM is 'Very Good Motor?' Liking it in Black with the silver mirrors and the wheels are fine. Personally, I'd hang on a bit before changing the wheels, see how they have grown on you in a month or two. Meanwhile, cost of alternative wheels may have come down.

Hi folks ha ha "very good motor" never noticed that. Mine is a six speed manual very very pleased with it , had side windows tinted today and it looks cool with the black painwork , and despite liking the alloys my misses took me to Geoff Fowkes alloy wheels this afternoon and bought me some calibre friction 17" rims being fitted tomorrow, shouldnt make much difference on the speedo with the drop in the sidewall, thanks for your comments folks.

What size tyres are you going for?

If you go for 205 45 R 17 they are exactly the same rolling diameter as the original 175 60 R 16 and you have the added advantage that 205 45 17 tyres are fitted to the BMW mini which are common as dog S**t so there are plenty of options out there. :)

Craig.

What size tyres are you going for?

If you go for 205 45 R 17 they are exactly the same rolling diameter as the original 175 60 R 16 and you have the added advantage that 205 45 17 tyres are fitted to the BMW mini which are common as dog S**t so there are plenty of options out there. :)

Craig.

I suppose that's a good point for changing the wheels. I have a iQ3. It does not require tyres, but are they hard to find? What's the difference in price for the iQ3 standard and the mini tyres?

That was my theory, wear out the tyres first then change the size for a cheaper one.

According to Blackcircles.com there are currently only 2 options for cars with 175 60 R16 tyres. The original Bridgestone B250 tyres and a Dunlop SP Sport. They are £95 and £105 respectively not including fitting.

According to the same site for the 205 45 R17 tyres there are 56 different ones to choose from and they range from £43 up to £200 odd not including fitting.

To be honest I wouldn't personally fit a tyre that costs £40 to my car so I'd be looking for something mid range like the Toyo T1-R which are £80 each so maybe the saving isn't that great unless you get a really cheap set of wheels. I'd avoid the runflat ones too that are fitted to many Mini's as they have very stiff sidewalls and can make the ride quite harsh and transmit more noise.

Talking of cheap wheels and Mini's, The mini also has 4 studs on a 100mm PCD so they would fit on the iQ. The centre bore is bigger on the mini so you would need some spigot rings to take up the gap but mini wheels come up on eBay quite often and not for a vast amount of money, Just wondering if anyone has tried them on the iQ?

Craig.

Hi having the 205/45/17 tyres fitted so yeah bit more choice on tyres and like you mentioned a lot of choice on prices. The tyre i chose were falkens recommended by the shop as they said the budget ones were ok till it got wet , and I ride bikes and refuse to use cheap tyres . The alloys were not cheap but i had saved up 8000 for the car so it was the money i had left over so wouldnt be missed. Good idea on the Mini wheels though

Excellent, Lots of wheel places seem to say that 205 40 R17 are the correct size for the iQ but they just look too small to me, The 45 profile is the same size as the original so will look perfect. :)

Be sure to post some pictures when you get back and stay well away from curbs!!! :)

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links