Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want A Chip For Your Yaris

ken.c

Hi

Ive been emailing these people for the last week or so

POWER_SYSTEMS

They have a plug in product which does not need the ecu opening up! Very similar idea to the many diesel tuning boxes which are out!

YARIS 1.0

68bhp

10bhp gain

14.38ft/lb gain

YARIS 1.3

86bhp

12bhp gain

15.49ft/lb gain

YARIS 1.5

103bhp

14bhp gain

13ft/lb gain

These are apparently very easy to fit requiring only pluggin in and ONE wire cut (I think its for power supply)

We have the potential for a group buy! Ive been quoted £290 including del for these boxes which are programmed for each engine ie 1.0 1.3 1.5l and meet all eu regs regarding pollution control (so no ECU faults)

So has anyone heard of these before (i think they are new) and currently there isnt an offical importer into the UK, and Is anyone interested in a group buy> Obviously I dont know what sort of discount they will offer off the £290 it depends on quantity, so get posting and lets see what we can get them for!!

C Ya

Ian + Caz

Is this maybe one of these things that basically tells the ECU that the conditions are perfect and the ECU pumps as much fuel into the engine as it allows? So you will get a performance boost but your fuel economy gets buggered??? :blink:

if classed as a piggy back unit which i think this would be then yes itll probably just dump a load of false readings out to fool the main ecu??

the performance will increase no doubt, but engine life will decrease due to ware and its possible all sorts of problems will be encountered due to over fueling etc etc...........

best way is till to go for a full on sports and proffesionally tuned ECU.

i know its probably twice as much, and then the setting up costs on top but nitd be the way id go

i find PLUG IN performance mods a bit optomistic

If its EU compliant the closed loop fuel circuit cannot be over fueling, it simply would not pass emissions! The post cat lamba sensor would pick up the over fuel.

Besides - if you look at it that way - putting induction kits and exhausts put extra strain on the engine - let alone fitting bigger wheels which puts a massive extra strain on the gearbox - diff - wheel bearings but we all do it!

fair point.

ive just seen plenty of example of plug in stuff that have just destroyed engines tho so im always a little wary of such items.

i may be interested in one dependant on price,

and if there not piggy back kill ur engine stylee chips

The TD boxes are basically an over priced resistor anyway and as you say they they con the ECU into over fuelling but the gains are massive and TD's and diesel engines are more hardy anyway. The only probelm you get is a lot of soot out the exhaust! (in fact i've seen a couple of cars with a resistor and a couple of wires plumbed in using parts from maplins for under a fiver that produced an extra 30bhp an a TDI golf!)

I wouldnt read too much into these units for our yaris as they would probably do the same thing. Can they prove the increase and does your money include a print out on a rolling road? nah didnt think so.

I would definately be more interested if it was the like the APR or Revo systems for VW's whih is basically a reflash of the original chip meaning your warranty stays valid and the power is guranteed.

some muppet flogs them on eBay!

5quid for a 4.7k resistor!

stay away!

£290 for 10bhp? ............................................................ :lol: LOL

i would also bet another £290 that on a rolling road the gains wouldn't even touch 10bhp, you'd be lucky to squeeze 2bhp out of the yaris with a 'tuning wire' (resistor)

Hmm.... just read that website and they suggest that you'd still be warrantied as the box "operates within the original tolerances of the engine"

i.e. it only spoofs your original ECU into thinking conditions are different. It doesn't actually advance or overfuel your engine past any of the OE limits.

I guess it might be OK for a piped/inducted engine, but I don't see why it would do a better job than the brain-box that Toyota designed in the first place?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links