Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Kind Of Amp Ic

tomiki

Hey all,

I posted ca. a week ago about asking how to add rear Speakers to my Yaris. Thanks for all the answers!

Now I took the radio (original one) out and checked it out. It turned out that my radio is so simple that it can control only two Speakers (I have only two built-in in the car). But taking the radio apart I found a slot next to the amplifying IC (can anybody help me oiut with the correct English term? Thanks!) for a second IC with the words "HI model only" next to it. So I guess, in the "HI" models there's a second IC there. I tried to check out the type of the IC in my radio, but it had so many cooling flanges (or gills, whatever they're called) that I couldn'T determine the type.

So my question is: has anybody any idea about what type of an IC is it? Maybe I can buy a second one and simply solder it. Any thoughts?

Also I'm looking for a rear Badge for my Yaris as somebody stole it :crybaby: A user here, Ryan1985 offered me to send his, but we never got to talk about it, so Ryan, if you read this, please send me a mail (tomcsanyi@yahoo.com) to discuss details! Thanks in advance!!

Good riding for all! :thumbsup:

Tomiki

you could solder it but you might need to solder some extra components aswell, it would be easyer to buy a new head unit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links