Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

YTS Reputation

Nizan

Why do you think the YTS isnt given the credit or respect in England that it should ????  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you think the YTS isnt given the credit or respect in England that it should ????

• Poor Marketing by Toyota
    • Because it isnt good enough to be respected or given credit
    • Narrow Minded British Public (i.e Because its "Jap Crap" )
    • Because its not a Ford or a Saxo
    • Not been around long enough
    • To Expensive for its class

Simple;

The Tsport is too expensive for those that rate the corsa's, saxo's, punto's and fiestas.

Or rather, it is too expensive for what you get... that is, not enough performance.

Last time I looked, a dealer tsport was £12k+ .... that's alot of wedge for a small car! Especially when it's comparitively slow to the real 'hot hatches'

Another reason it doesn't get a look in with the 'crowd' who are bothered about 'reps' is that it is predominantly aimed towards the female driver. Having said that I think they can look quite unisex!

Lastly, there simply isn't enough of them around. The 'repuatation' cars are common and plentiful, meaning that the 'reputation crowd' know plenty about them. Which results in that limited range of cars they know about being all there is to drive, driving anything else would mean you are homosexual and or camp.

Of course the pinacle of masculinty is a kitted out corsa/saxo - complete with the usual burbery gear and chav accesories. :rolleyes: (Someone touched on the narrow mindedness of the British public, bravo!)

Just a thought before I go.... I think there is indeed that cultural boundry that the 'crowd' are scared to cross.... I know this is going to be a broad generalisation, and for those who this does not apply I apologise....

the 'crowd'.. I find, are usually the same kind of people who go on holiday to spain, japan, korea, mexico, italy, etc and refuse to try out the foreign food... purely out of narrow mindedness!

You can agree or disagree whether the same sort of values apply with 'foreign' cars.... but I think it could be a genuine reason behind the mentality of the corsa/saxo/punto gang :)

Sam

At the end of the Day the YTS isn't pushed as much as the other Yari's models, as at the end of the day it's a small car, priced on average at 12K. Which is much more than other small cars on the market.

In the main, people looking for a small car in this country are looking at ya Ford Ka's, punto's Clio's etc. The YTS...is a lot more dough. Yes, it gives a damn sight more smiles...and is a much better car....but it has priced it'self out of the market.

Where's as the pushed 1L and 1.3's are priced right for the majority of people...hence the ones they advertise the most.

People wanting the power and performance...will not look at the YTS. At the end of the day, it is a warm hatch. sure it leaves most standing from 30-70...but were not talking outstanding performance here.

My opinion people that go for the YTS...know what they want....and they arn't your common boy racer.... they attract that small niche in the market....and lets keep it that way! Don't wish to count more than 1 on any long trip!

Vipes

rofl Sam you beat me by a Whisker...and we basically said the same thing...freaky!

Great minds think alike viper :D ;)

I agree, it is a niche car, and a lovely car it is too!

if only it had 120-130bhp to start with though :help: ... asking quite alot from a 1.5 unfortunately :lol:

The YTS is a great car, and i still think its at a great price.... when your young and have big insurance premiums to pay.

Take me for example, 0 No Claim Bonus (cus i've been second driver) and i'm 19. The YTS is group 7! insurance. You find a car as quick as the Yaris in group 7. Ok so I'm looking at £1300-£1500 insurance and £6500 - £8500 for a 2001 model. Now I got quoted on a few other cars, like the Civic 1.6 VTi and Saxo VTS's - but at the end of the day, although these same age cars are 2grand cheaper, I was looking at £2500+ on insurance. Its got the brand for boy racer.

Plus, if its not jap its gonna cost more to run. My mate's gotta Alfa 147. 2 years old and its been to the garage 3 times already!

However, I guess the YTS isn't such value for money when your over 25, as cars are much cheaper to insure. And be assured - when I'm 25 i'll have a much faster car :) Don;t get me wrong tho, the Yaris is still a great little car.

P.S. What are the 30-70, 40-80, etc... times? Are they really quick, like for example, doing 40 - hit dual carriage way - can you keep up with the 3series and stuff?

Hi everyone

The yaris t sport or any yaris will never get the same respect as say a saxo or corsa etc etc because it's all down to the price of the car and the after market tuning and styling kit which are not available so widely like for say the corsa or saxo. Yes the yaris is loads better but from the tuning world eyes it's just not cool enough to be buying a yaris as there is so little parts available. Bung £1000 pounds at a saxo and you can transform your saxo into a very cool looking car. Because of the thousands of after market kits available.

I think perhaps in say another year or so the yaris will get more parts available for it. Plus it has got all those TV ads which really dont do it no justice all the while. Instead for the yaris t sport they should show it burning rubber off the lights and showing it's ability though the twisty bit's with a logo saying nothing moves quite like a yaris t sport or something around that mark. Then you would see quite a different approach to the marketing. People would like to test drive the yaris t sport more as they would know that there sportier model means business.

Instead of the cute little ads that you love your yaris to bits :thumbsup: I mean look at the new Citroen C2 GT. look how they show off there hot little number?? Come on Toyota sort it out. :ffs:

jerry!!

S0cks - I wouldn't count on your insurance premiums coming down when you hit the magic 25... It's more like 30-35 these days!

I'm 29 and my last 2 cars have been group 14 and 15 ins. I'm up to 7 years no claims now and always shop about for the best deal I can get but my premiums have only dropped about 20% compared to what I was paying under 25! :eek:

Sorry forgot to add - when you reach 25 you can get quoted for more cars than when your under 25... Doesn't mean it will be cheaper! :crybaby:

Sorry forgot to add - when you reach 25 you can get quoted for more cars than when your under 25... Doesn't mean it will be cheaper! :crybaby:

Hmm i would have thought tho, at 25 you could get something faster for the same insurance premiums. Say sommin with a 0-60 of 6secs.

I got my 1st years no clames this year and my insurance dropped £1200!!!!!

Also my bike costs me half what my yts does to insure, yet it hits 60 im 3.5 seconds and does 160MPH, I think this just illustrates how messed insurance is these days..........not that im complaning about the price :thumbsup:

Niz

if only it had 120-130bhp to start with though :help: ... asking quite alot from a 1.5 unfortunately :lol:

agree

TS Turbo should be here for approx 13k running about 150-160bhp

TS should be approx 10k new with the same 108bhp

then itll sell!

2 rite it would sell jaxx, i'd put my name down 2moro 4 a TS Turbo!

Cheers :thumbsup:

they could do with it bein as the fiesta RS is set for next year

personally i think it costs too much, and lacks real power. Its no where near a Hot hatch, slightly on the warm side. Still i'd rather have a YTS than any other car in its class as its easily the best looking (original shape, not keen on the new ones)and still quite rare.

Hi

here in in 3rd world ..i mean in Poland ;-) we have extreme high price for a new one...thats why its n ot popular...only a fool would buy it here...its 20%more expensive then av large car mid class. so people buys golf,seat,skoda, wno marketing of YTS at all here only fe sold in last few years...thats why im gonna buy it after may when joined EU price for used jap. should go down:-)) then i can show those golfs what yarii can do;-)

The YTS is a great car, and i still think its at a great price.... when your young and have big insurance premiums to pay.

Take me for example, 0 No Claim Bonus (cus i've been second driver) and i'm 19. The YTS is group 7! insurance. You find a car as quick as the Yaris in group 7. Ok so I'm looking at £1300-£1500 insurance and £6500 - £8500 for a 2001 model. Now I got quoted on a few other cars, like the Civic 1.6 VTi and Saxo VTS's - but at the end of the day, although these same age cars are 2grand cheaper, I was looking at £2500+ on insurance. Its got the brand for boy racer.

Plus, if its not jap its gonna cost more to run. My mate's gotta Alfa 147. 2 years old and its been to the garage 3 times already!

However, I guess the YTS isn't such value for money when your over 25, as cars are much cheaper to insure. And be assured - when I'm 25 i'll have a much faster car :) Don;t get me wrong tho, the Yaris is still a great little car.

Dont count on the insurance going down when over 25.

I am 28 will be 29 in may and the quotes for the s2000 were going up each month and went up each year when it came to renewal.

The same old reasons were given each time like rates have gone up the car is high risk and lots have been crashed pushing the premiums up.

If your a women its stacked in your favour to.

My premium was 1200 - 1500 on an eu import with 3 point and full no claims.

My other half has 3 points and 14k claim running where un insurded bloke hit her and ran, new car is more exspensive and has no no claims too. premium £850.

Hence i sold her and payed loads of debt off and now looking at the t sport for a second car with some poke but cheap to run and insure whilst i decide on a what to do with the micra keep or get another S.

No claims is where its at for young drivers im 21 got my 1st year NCB and insurance fell around £1000-1200 :thumbsup:

Niz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links