Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Name Of That Stuff?

Fizz

Hi peeps,

I got some silicone crap for my T-bar leak problem... but i rememebr people chattin about some 'spray'? which revitilises rubber...

I have tried a couple of places and all look at me like im an idiot! (no jokes please :P)

Whats the name of this mistical item???

thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

Hi, its called rubber and Nylon lubricant, It comes in red and yellow spray can from halfrauds. £6.00 or something like that. can't give it enough praize, really good stuff. I think Rikki was after this too.

hope that sorts it for you.

Hi, its called rubber and Nylon lubricant, It comes in red and yellow spray can from halfrauds. £6.00 or something like that. can't give it enough praize, really good stuff. I think Rikki was after this too.

hope that sorts it for you.

:thumbsup:

Sweet as... now i am gonna go back to those same places and tell them that i aint an idiot!! :lol::ph34r:

but seriously.. thanks for the info... :yes:

How quick does the spray work?? and do i need to leave it for a period of time?

hey, its better to leave the car with the T-Bars off for a couple of hours...but with our weather its not always possible, I have never managed this and have found no problems working the stuff in with my hands then slapping the t-bars back on. Its also good on any of the other rubber part, window seals, bonnet seals etc. brings them back to life and even brings the black out better too.

cheers

Cheers for the info..

I presume you had the same problems of it leaking from the rubber corner right at the end of the joint where it locks into place....

I had a squeak rather than a leak, but it is used for both.

yeah, it does get everywhere, rather than spraying directly on to rubber, I spray it in to my hands and "Massage" it into the rubber....ooh err! seems to do the job better and far easier.

the messier way is always more fun. ;)

I presume you had the same problems of it leaking from the rubber corner right at the end of the joint where it locks into place....

Mine does that, it runs down on to the seat belt and soaks my shoulder!! :D

OK peeps :group-cuddles: to clarify the question as to what Holts product protects rubber seals :ph34r: and what product prevents leakage, I have e-mailed Holts UK with this dilema and will let you know as soon as I know. :thumbsup:

So i take it this doesnt stop leaks then??

Went down to Halfords today and they told me they have stopped selling the above item!!! :angry:

They now sell another version of the 3 in 1 spray but they guy said it aint as good as the old product!

Well i have coated the seals and i am going to find out the next time it rains to see if its made a difference...

will keep ya all informed... :thumbsup:

My T-bar has never leaked, at all.

Not even after I've used a pressure washer, still nice and dry inside.

mine niether thankfully 

Lucky :censor:

Mine does a weeee bit, only on the passenger side and only from the gap where the front locking bar is.....everywhere else is fine. I do have £300 worth of reciept from the previous owner for t-bar seals though :blink: :hokus-pokus:

Mine does a weeee bit, only on the passenger side and only from the gap where the front locking bar is.....everywhere else is fine. I do have £300 worth of reciept from the previous owner for t-bar seals though :blink: :hokus-pokus:

well.. this £3.50 reciept will do me just fine.. seems to have worked... i pressure washed the car yesterday and it did not even leak 1 drop of water... the true test will come when we get a good propper downpour again.. lol :rolleyes:

Mine does a weeee bit, only on the passenger side and only from the gap where the front locking bar is.....everywhere else is fine.  I do have £300 worth of reciept from the previous owner for t-bar seals though  :blink:  :hokus-pokus:

well.. this £3.50 reciept will do me just fine.. seems to have worked... i pressure washed the car yesterday and it did not even leak 1 drop of water... the true test will come when we get a good propper downpour again.. lol :rolleyes:

Trust me if it had been my money i too would have moved the decimal place to the left a couple of points :D Just the geeza who had the car last spent lots on it. all good for me B)

Does anyone else find driving the car with water on it and the windows open usually ends in a shower? rater from the windscreen usually ends up coming through, as you go round corners any on the roof usually decides it would like to come inside....... <_< or is it just mine?

Does anyone else find driving the car with water on it and the windows open usually ends in a shower? rater from the windscreen usually ends up coming through, as you go round corners any on the roof usually decides it would like to come inside....... <_< or is it just mine?

ditto <_<

Even when I use the windscreen washer thingy to clean windscreen :blink: and windows open its like an april shower that smells nice :rolleyes: .

Ash.

there is a lesson to be learned in the above statement. :blink:

Does anyone else find driving the car with water on it and the windows open usually ends in a shower? rater from the windscreen usually ends up coming through, as you go round corners any on the roof usually decides it would like to come inside.......  <_< or is it just mine?

ditto <_<

yip... you think it's stopped raining and all is fine.

You put the window down.. drive about and you end up wet !!! grrr. poor design there somewhere !

Remeber i said i was awaiting a decent downpour... well my ***** is wet! :(

back to the drawing boards.. its aint as bad as before now but still not right!

its fine when your jetwashing it... its only when the rain soaks right into the t-bar lines and then it starts to leak!... :(

my n/a leeks.

It's on the passenger side where the holder thingy is. Not had a proper look as i kinda have summin to do when i get in so no time but its weird.

It seems like water collects in there then comes out when some1 pulls on it / uses it. But it doesnt leek constantly if ya get me. i.e. when its pissin it dwn outside, it all nice and dry in the car :)

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links