Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lazy Eye Mod Info

Rikki

A fellow MR2 owner was telling me about his lazy eye mod where he flipped the lights up a bit, then pulled the motor fuse to the headlamps to keep them that way (allowing the lights to be on while sitting in the lazy position).

Coupe of questions about this.

Firstly, which fuse do you pop to disable the headlamp motor?

Secondaly, is this a wise idea. With half to 2/3's of the headlamp sunk down in the bonnet wont there be a massive heat build up ?

Cheers for your help peeps!

R.

There's a faaaaaaaaaaaaar easier way of doing it, without touching fuses and allows you to still put you lights up if they are needed.... have a hunt round the past few weeks threads its been covered a few times. B)

Wha! I thought you said it looked naff when I showed u that rikki heh. Seen you in town last night in queen street whilst drunkenly stumbling about with g/f and instantly shouted 'Some bast has copied my car!' again. guh! :rolleyes:

Wha! I thought you said it looked naff when I showed u that rikki heh. Seen you in town last night in queen street whilst drunkenly stumbling about with g/f and instantly shouted 'Some bast has copied my car!' again. guh! :rolleyes:

Yeah looks <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed if they arent on, but if they are well we'll just have to see LOL

400 roonies and you could get the same ones as jimlad (i think thats his name anyways) only slightly more expensive than removing a fuse :lol:

I'm still confused to why we are doing this.. you are gonna have to put the fuse back in when it gets dark. And you are gonna melt your nose when the glass gets hot!

You have to see it mate,

it looks the mutts """" when one is coming towards you at nite

and all you see is a small line of light

But you cant drive at night like that.. you wont be able to see anything. Just 30cm infront!

y e a h . . . okay. It's a novel idea cos there aint too many pop ups round so you aren't goin to get every civic drivin pansy copying you, but I'm sure that you are goin to be hassled no end by our friends in their cars with the trick lights on their roof.

So if you do this the lights stay up even when off? Doesnt that look a bit rubbish?

just get a massive group buy on the actual low rise eyes and try get the price right down.. lol

Imo the proper low rise kit as sold on eBay is a waste of money,

because all you are paying for is a piece of wire with a three way switch on one end and an in line fuse on the other.

It plugs directly into were the fuse for the headlight motors normaly would

and you can buy all the bits to make one yourself from the likes of maplins

for about a fiver.

just do it properly !!!

Like mine... :D

Erm.. jimlad.. you are confusing 'lazy eye' with 'low rise'.....

You dont have lazy/sleepy eye look...lol.

just do it properly !!!

Like mine...  :D

Erm.. jimlad.. you are confusing 'lazy eye' with 'low rise'.....

You dont have lazy/sleepy eye look...lol.

yeah buit it looks better... :ph34r: :P

It looks like the headlights are busted.

It also seriously restricts nighttime visibility.

&#33;Removed&#33; stupid if you ask me.

Sorry - Bad day.

People people people, leave yer fuses alone, dont waste yer money on kits, just buys a switch, some wire, five pin relay and a reed switch, DIY and costs about £10! you get lazy eyes on and off, flash yer lights still etc etc.

lazy-1.jpg

Basically, they make A1 sidelights, cant see :censor: at night with them.

I have two switches under my headunit. First one turns the lazy eyes on/off (off they go back to normal), flick it, flash yer lights they come up, then go down till the stop at the reedswitch.... second one switches power to the lights from how toyota intended to a +12V feed (so they com on with the sides - this is where the relay comes in, only works withthe side lights on)

It turns into speghetti junction under the front bonnet, but you get total control of your lights, flash em they come up flash and go back to where they were etc etc B)

Kinda forced Pizza Boy into trying the lazy eye fuse out trick last night and it looks amazing! But ya cant see *****!

Doesnt seem to get hot either as the front of the lamp is quite far back from the dip in the bonnet and with driving it will be cooled with air flow.

Put the fuse back in last night, didnt like watching my headlamps flapping about at 100mph :S

Im having a bit of trouble imagining what this wire and 3 way switch will look like any one got a piccy :ffs: ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links