Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-fitting The Front Lip Spoiler...

samir

Hi,

My MKII MR2's front lip spoiler (splitter) was smashed last year so I have got the exact same new one.

However, it did not come with the metal strips that are used to bolt them onto the undercarriage.

I have called the supplier but they dont have them.

Does anyone know where I can find these metal strips that are bolted between the the spoiler and the undercarriage?

Will Toyota have them?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hi,

I have a lip spoiler already fitted to my 2 but i want to take it off because i can't get over speed humps and whenever i visit my mother it catches the road when i turn into her street (it's on a steep bank!), so, are they easy to remove? somebody told me that they are bonded on with some kind of glue and it would be a pain to remove, is that right?

Sorry to change topic :arrgg-matey: ('twos only slightly though :D )

Jez

If and when you remove your lip...let me know as I am willing to pay you for the mounting brackets.

Can anyone confirm if they are also glued on?

Cheers

:)

Mine wasnt glued on but was a b***ard to get off cos all the studs where rusted and i ended up twisting the bumper.

I cut the studs off eventually

jez_1_2000, what are you replacing it with??

It will look odd without a lip there.

Russ

I was just going to remove the lip spoiler and then leave it like 'stock', like jappybeast :

jappybeast

Samir, that'll be no probs m8. as long as they come off ok for ya. :thumbsup:

That's not without a lip .. that's got a rev1 lip on it ..

Hmm, my front splitter is smashed too. I need to buy a replacement and get it sprayed. Just dreading the bodyshop bills though.

When the previous owner smashed it, he also managed to pull a couple of the legs in the mouth of the bumper away from the bottom of the bumper where the splitter is attached. :angry:

If you fancy a rev1/2 lip swap let me know, i prefer the rev 2 but have a rev 1 spliter :D :thumbsup:

the lip spoiler on mine isn't much good...... it's had a few little accidents in it's time and has been filled in!

:help::blink: hmmmm...if i knew how to post an image on to here i'd put a pic of my lip spoiler on here so you could tell me what it is!

:D sussed it!!!!

DSCF0002(7).JPG

so does anyone know if this is gonna be difficult to remove?? and what is it??

At a guess id say its either a painted Rev2 splitter or something based on it....on second look it does look a bit bigger than a rev2 one....

If you want shot of it or wanna swap for a smaller one let me know, not scared of a bit of damage (as long as in less than 150000 peices :D) i'd have to spray it anyway ;)

wouldn't be a problem. how will it be stuck on though? glued or bolted?

Nah....i'm in staffordshire, my plate did come from a company in ireland though. at the risk of sounding a bit stupid, how did you know? :huh:

Mine has an irish plate too but its only 6 digits (belfast methinks)

Click

What does this mean? comes up when i try to post pics-

Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed

Mine has an irish plate too but its only 6 digits (belfast methinks)

Click

What does this mean? comes up when i try to post pics-

Sorry, dynamic pages in the %7Boption%7D tags are not allowed

the %7Boption%7D tag can only be used to link sirectly to a picture stored in a specific location, e.g. http://www.mr2.com/pictures/bigmr2.jpg or http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/al...album01/aaa.jpg

the picture link you tred to tag :

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDYApsU...467152744701658

isnt linked straight to the picture file, instead its linked to some image server of sorts (run by MSN groups) which fetches the picture for you, unfortunately %7Boption%7D cant handle that and spurs out the error you got. HTH :thumbsup:

dunno how they are fixed, ill have a look at mine over the weekend and let you know (now we find your is completely different :D)

At a guess id say screws.....but i have been known to be wrong <_<

my lip is held on by about a dozen bolts .. get the car in the air and it's obvious ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links