Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Steering Fluid On '96 Corolla?

wolfen42

My wife loves her Corolla but it's obvious that the power steering fluid needs to be changed... (I wonder if the previous owner EVER did.) Is there an easy way to drain it that I'm missing or am I going to end up using my gear oil syringe to suck it out? :help:

It's a '96 Auto non DX.... I'm still surprised by its torquiness when I drive it... (grin)

fairly easy. get a large container ready, remove the bottom pipe from the resovoir drain start the car and drain the rest. STOP THE ENGINE AS SOON AS THE FLOW STOPS TO PREVENT PUMP DAMAGE. re fill resovoir with fresh dextron II fluid when the resovoir is full start the engine again and top up then turn the wheel from lock to lock a few times topping up as nessesary do this until fluid flows smoothly from the return pipe at the resovoir

Lee,

What's the difference between Dextron II and III? Will it make any difference?

The guy I use to do service bit to my car (ex MrT mechanic) said it will be fine, but after replacing the seals/gaskets on my P/steering pump, I still find myself loosing P/S when the car is idling when warm. I am not sure whether he used II or III.

But least it's not ****** the fuid all over the road when turning anymore :!Removed!:

not a lot just a slightly different grade but wont make much differance with P/S more important for A/T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links