Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lewis Hamilton To Move To Mercedes

Parts-King

Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause. (Philosophers disagree as to what things one can be loyal to. Some, as explained in more detail below, argue that one can be loyal to a broad range of things, whilst others argue that it is only possible for loyalty to be to another person and that it is strictly interpersonal.)

Not....

Its a shame as Mclaren who took him up as a young lad. he owes much to them.

The same with Van persie.no body would touch him because of his temperament but ubiknal gave him a chance.

Its all cash before loyalty.

there are. many examples of this in sport.

Sport of all forms has gone this way, brought on by the greed of the Satellite TV and TV companies wanting the enormous sums of money to be earned. This money filters down to the sportsmen and women, everybody wants a slice of it, and the sports personalities are no different. Funny how Rooney had a spat with Man U, was going to leave until somebody offered him a shed load more to stay, sad but the world we live in. Shame those sort of people cannot be more of a roll model to our youngsters

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think it's good that he moved on; He's only ever been with MacLaren and I think it's spoilt him.

To be fair, it's not for the money; There's no way Mercedes can pay him as much as MacLaren.

I think he wants to try and do what Schumacher did for Ferrari.

Would have thought Mercedes - Benz would have far,far more money behind them that Maclaren could only dream of.

After all they are a very large company. worth billions.

McLaren planned to reduce his wage at a time when Mercedes offered him more, McLaren then offered to match it. He still left.

Would have thought Mercedes - Benz would have far,far more money behind them that Maclaren could only dream of.

After all they are a very large company. worth billions.

The company yes, but not the team - They are very separate.

AFAIK, Mercedes matched his current pay at McLaren, who then offered him more to stay, but he really wanted to leave...

As Mercedes own 45% of the team then i would not thought them of being very seperate.

Doubt if they think so either.

Well the team have the Badge and Merc central support but they are still basically a rebadged Honda working out of Brackley.

I don't really understand how the finances work (Wasn't there supposed to be a cap? It does seem like Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren have more resources at their disposal than other teams), but if Mercedes had unlimited funding from their parent company, you'd think they'd be doing a lot better. They have Ross Brawn for crying out loud!

The team can produce incredible cars - The Honda-carte blanche-bankrolled Brawn GP car showed this (That was a great season :D) - but they have had to downsize since then and seem to be struggling for resources which suggests they don't have as much money as the top tier teams...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links