Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Rear Speakers In My Mk2

MattMR2Turbo

Hi there,

I'm getting some 6.5" Alpine components for my front doors shortly and I would like to know what are the best replacement Speakers for the rears as mine are stuffed.

I will have a 4x50w Genesis Profile amp to run the Speakers from so I was wondering if you could tell me what size Speakers I can fit at the rear.

I do intend to fit subs later on so the rears only have to be something sufficient and I wont have them too loud because they're right next to my head anyway. I'm looking for a cheap replacement that will just clear things up.

Thanks

Matt :thumbsup:

wouldn't bother .. with good compnents in the doors the shoulder mounted ones are pointless ..

Yea I know but I would like to have some rear fill (even though it will be very little sound), and those Speakers need replacing because they currently make a HORRIBLE sound!

Might as well make the use of my 4 channel amp too buddy.

:wacko: The main problem with the rear side Speakers is more to do with the panels which vibrate making the Speakers sound bad :hokus-pokus: it maybe an Idea to dynomatt (no pun intended) this pannel before putting new Speakers in,

I reckon arr 5.25in speakers are gona go in (but not sure as i stuck some 4.25in that I had lying arround)

Ok thanks for that. If vibrations are a problem I'll soon stick a bit of dynamat on :D

I know it's better to have a frontal soundstage but I figured I might as well make use of the other two channels on the amp.

might be worth shoving some 6x9's in behind the seats, on the storage boxes, this means when you come to fit the subs, you can still retain the 6x9s. I hhave also heard on the grapevine that MP3's will shortly becoming out with surround sound capabilities unlike just now with normal boring stereo.

Just my 2p's worth.

gives you another option aswell.

cheers.

wouldn't bother .. with good compnents in the doors the shoulder mounted ones are pointless ..

Seconded, im putting some good components in the doors, sub behind passenger side, job done in my books :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links