Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Turbo Wheels

Mangan

Hello all,

I have got the chance to buy the Yaris Turbo original wheels for my

Yaris Sol 1.0.

I guess they will fit without any problems? How do you like the design

of these wheels? I read that they are specially "treated" by Hitachi?

Best regards,

Magnus, Sweden :thumbsup:

Size is 16" (195 45 R16). The original tyre-configuration (the tyres that go with the wheels) are Pirelli P Zero Nero. Those Turbo-wheels are super-light (6,8 kg per wheel).

Regards

Bacher

Bacher did u get my email? i tried to PM you but it wouldnt work, it was about chassis number for your yaris turbo can you help me?

got any photographical evidence that pic aint much use

That is the best photo I have seen of them and I have also checked them out

at my local Toyota dealer.

"To further increase grip, wider ultra low profile Pirelli P-Zero Nero 195/45R16 tyres are fitted on specially commissioned lightweight rims. These 6.5J-16 ET45 wheel rims are produced by a special casting process by Hitachi and are the lightest on the market at this size. Apart from looking stylish and sporty, the new rims also reduce unsprung weight and thus improve the overall handling characteristics of the car.

/M

Hi Yaris WRC

I've just replied in your own topic ... I 've not been around for some days. Your mail must have been drowned in all those spam-messages in my spam-box the last days (sorry :P )

Regards

Bacher

Dude! he has done already in your original thread!

AND... when you do get a quote for the relevant parts, would ya PM me or post it? Might put this Gold discount to good use and load up the bank loan a little! B)

I'm not totally sure which parts are gonna be necessary... I'm thinking: turbo, plenum, manifold... anything else? You seen any microfiches?

SuperRetard

If you are going to add the turbo then I would seriously suggest upgrading your brakes and suspension system - they do this as part of the package on the turbo so there should be some part numbers out there somewhere in the Toyota database!

Brakes are in hand. Lines, discs and pads only.

Suspension? I'm already on adjustable Koni's all round. Might brace up both ends, might not! ;)

Well ...

I also like to believe in dreams. But modding to a turbo will be very expensive. I really don't know if this makes any sense at all ... As jimmac mentioned, there are several modifications to be done besides the turbo-implant. Just think about the whole cooling-system - no way with the standard one (your engine would just melt down) .... then brakes, stabilization (just to mention a few things). I would consider this very well (if you should arrive to get the parts you need).

Regards

Bacher

All true, especially the coolant issue... the Turbo's got to have a take-up for its own oil too. A good custom ally rad can cost as little as £80 from the right place though. Intercoolers etc are nice, but are a further refinement for another day...

@knowlson

I have to admit that I am no car-tech-pro at all. B)

But as far as I understand (with my quite restricted english-abilities) your question is whether the cooler of the turbo "cools" upwards or "against" the front of the car. As far as I know, it goes definitely "frontwards". But I will look after that to give you a final answer.

Regards

Bacher

@knowlson

I have to admit that I am no car-tech-pro at all.  B) 

But as far as I understand (with my quite restricted english-abilities) your question is whether the cooler of the turbo "cools" upwards or "against" the front of the car. As far as I know, it goes definitely "frontwards". But I will look after that to give you a final answer.

Regards

Bacher

yar_03_gal_28_1024x768.jpg

Cheers

Looks like it is a top mount :thumbsup:

just wanted to see what the engine looked like :thumbsup:

sorry to Mangan for stealing the thread a bit :lol::lol:

Edit: aaaah I'am to late, thank you knowlson ... (well, I was wrong)...

:lol: ha no probs dude :thumbsup:

The turbo yairs looks like a nice motor!!!

I know that this sounds silly, but that top-mounted intercooler and all of the under-bonnet cladding and ducting (To get the air from the upper front grille to the intercooler) looks just the same as it does on my D4-D...

Would the same parts just slot on to the petrol engine?

Right- just been outside to have a peek. The intercooler is identical, but I don't have the great big pipe (can you tell I have and engineering degree? :D ) going across the engine, mine goes straight down - but from the same positions.

Hope this helps somehow :wacko:

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links