Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Views On Induction Kits

yarissr

:help:

I am thinking of installing an induction kit to my Y reg SR and am wondering which option to go for ?

PiperXCross ?

Apexi ?

I like the Apexi version but the intake seems to be far away from the front vent so would it not suck in hot/warm air from the engine?

Pipercross seems to be installed at the front.

Any one have these installed ?

Any other induction kits i could consider ?

What do you think ?

hey yarissr, well ive jst ordered my apexi induction kit off envy performance yesterday, from readin reviews on here and other sites it does have a very high rating amoungst users.

with reagrds to the pipercross ive heared bad reports, couple on here from ppl who have had trouble with it. Mainly becuase it is a 'wet' filter whereas apexi is 'dry'

check out this site, altho it doesnt give the specs of the pipercross im afraid, it may help u in deciding

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Chuck :thumbsup:

My Apexi's lovely quality, good filter too if you believe the tests. The location 'as is' isn't perfect, but the volume of air that shifts behind the engine down to the floor is enough to keep it okay, it certainly don't impede the performance! ;)

Besides, if you're up for it, you've got the good filter, and you can ***** around with the Battery box to put it up front with only a piece of £5 Samco hose.

with reagrds to the pipercross ive heared bad reports, couple on here from ppl who have had trouble with it. Mainly becuase it is a 'wet' filter whereas apexi is 'dry'

Yeah chucks rite i had a problem with my pipercross 1 it buggered my Air Flow Meter which apparently just needed cleaned but i couldn't be doing with the hassle of cleanin it every couple of months! I bought an A'PEXi 1 altho it doesn't fit on my car! :(

Cheers :thumbsup:

Nah chuck i doubt i'll get a new induction kit but i'm gettin an exhaust so watch this space! Suspension is next up tho followed closely by wheels!

Cheers :thumbsup:

All I've ever heard about the EcoTek is rather subjective to say the least.

Snake oil in my opinion!

The Apex'i has a nice response and a rather loud roar at 5000rpm. Probably no extra power, but I'm not sure...

Out of interest did you fit the apexi urself, if so how did u find it, how hard or easy would u say it is, as i was planing to do it myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links