Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recalls

acetip

We have all seen how how any recalls to Toyota cars is headline news and how facts are distorted .

Ive just been on the VOSA website and noticed that on the 24/1/2012 all BMW MINIs with turbos were recalled because of a secondry water pump for the turbos circuit board was overheating and shorting out and could caused a fire.

On the 30/i/2012 several model of diesel Mercedes were developing leaks at the fuel filter causing the fuel to drop onto the road near the tyres which could cause loss of control of the car.

Did not notice any comments by the media about these problems.

Bet if these faults had been on a Toyota instead of BMW and Mercedes we would have soon been aware of them.

Nissan's where you lose steering control :eek: Rolls Royce where fuel can ignite or where air enters the brake master cylinder. Didnt hear too much about those did we?

Just seems that Toyota take most of the flack over recalls

Kingo :thumbsup:

Very true. There's some reading on the VOSA site, I certainly got my eyes opened on that website when I first read it quite a few years ago and saw how many recalls there were on it right across the brands. A lot of recalls aren't even heard of on the main news (except for certain ones) then the general public aren't aware that recalls are more 'normal' across all manufacturers than the media would have people think. I don't like how they pick and choose, yet they never mention the recalls of certain other brands.

Recalls shouldn't really even make the news, if your car is affected you'll get a letter. If not affected why would you even want to hear about it? Like the time they told us about the Nissan steering wheel recall - I don't drive a Nissan so I don't care about it - boring :yawn: .When they're going on and on about a recall on the news, they must be missing out on some other story that is a bit more newsworthy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links