Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Combat Spoiler (rev5) End Caps

Jesus

Jimlad... you said you were looking at changing the end caps for your spoiler to black. Well, my best mate works for an 'undisclosed' F1 team in the composites deptartment, aka carbon fibre toys! :thumbsup:

He's made me several bits for my motor, and I'm in the process of getting some new end plates from Toyota for him to take a mould from and lay the carbon fibre up into.

If I can get this done, are you interested in sharing the cost of the parts from Toyota, plus material and time for my mate?

He can also put decals on them before they're laquered.

Let me know if you're interested.

:bye:

I'll keep you updated.

I'm looking to buy some of them low rise lights too. They're quality. I expressed my interest last year at JAE with Rev6, and even put my name down to be contacted when they were available. Didn't hear anything. :crybaby:

Anyhoo, if I get some I'll be looking at making the light shrouds out of carbon fibre too.

Now... where's my piggybank? :huh:

Can't you use the end plates already on the car - If your replacing them with carbon ones it doesn't matter what happens to them, does it? They shouldn't get too damaged in the process anyway..... just a though cos I know Mr T will bend you over.

M.

Can you lend him a bonnet, engine lid & boot to make CF copies of?

(and doors, dash, tbar pannels .. )

Thought about using my existing ones, but wanted them in perfect condition after making a mould. If I sell the car on, I like to keep all the original bits in a box to give so it can go back to standard. My mate can't guarantee that they won't be damaged (although he says they shouldn't), and he can't guarantee that my paint won't get messy.

I'll find out how much the parts are tomorrow... and then maybe rethink if necessary!

I've asked him about the centre portion of the spoiler, but he said he'd have to wait until the factory is pretty quiet. They're OK with him if he doesn't take the p*ss.

Bibbs. Already asked him about bonnet etc, and he laughed for some reason! He is working on a dash (well, the facia for the dials and all the switches etc... basically, all the black plastic bits!) for me though. Not sure how it'll work out yet. I've told him, however, that when I get the TRD2000GT kit that I'll be expecting him to make moulds so he can make the complete kit out of carbon fibre for me!!!... mmm... can't see that happening! Fingers crossed eh! :D

I wanted the whole dash area in CF .. would save loads of weight ..

I wanted the whole dash area in CF .. would save loads of weight ..

it would also look the dogg's b's.

'nother group buy people?

Jimlad u'll do it won't u, money ain't a prob 4 u...

heh :)

-Z

Anyhoo, if I get some I'll be looking at making the light shrouds out of carbon fibre too

Aaaah! AAAAH!! Yes yes do this Ill be well innerested as I think carbon bonnets look sooo incomplete imo with the lights still body coloured... for example :

alexcho2.jpg

I ph43r your Photoshop sk1lLz! Yes thats exactly what im on about. Look at how superb that looks...the usual setup looks daft imo with the shrouds body coloured.. I was probably going to end up gettin em made custom from sum1=mega hassle before. Now I have the excuse for the CF bonnet!

Speaking of mr2 bonnets...has any1 felt how damn heavy they are?!?! They are so small but blo0dy hell do they wiegh a ton. In comparison Scooby bonnets wiegh %$( all! But I suppose any weight over the front wheels of an mr2 is a must really..

:D

I actually meant making the shrouds that go around the light lenses out of carbon fibre... but when you said about the light covers it got me thinking!

Yo blokey, I just pulled the engie cover offa mine if u need a mould of that. Is the normal flat one tho, not the raised turbo engine cover. Am in Surrey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links