Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nrg Steering Wheel And Quick Release Hub For The Iq

surfcitylocal

Thanks to NRG Innovations the iQ has some new goodies.

I installed the NRG ST-025-BK Leather and wood grain steering wheel and the NRG 2.5 Gen Quick Release Hub.

Easy installation and the results are very nice.

DSCN2143.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2182.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2185.jpg

DSCN2186.jpg

Wow. Taz, I think I could safely place a bet and win it that your car is the most modded iQ, (pause for effect) in the world. What about your airbag? See, I don't think we could get away with doing that in this oh so free country of ours, oh no, it's not ours is it, my mistake. It belongs to the people who will one day... off soapbox. Looks good with the other interior mods though.

David, I did lose the audio controls but that was never a big issue for me. Easy enough to reach the head unit to control the levels.

Bob, it very well could be. It is illegal here as well to remove the air bags. Call me a rebel! I've never been a big fan of the whole airbag idea. All of the stock connections are tucked just behind the dash so if need be the stock steering wheel can be replaced in moments.

The air bag alert light is lit since the connection is no longer complete but I will be solving that problem later today with a resistor bypass. Simple matter of solder, wire and shrink wrap.

taz

What is the Orange/ could be Red (depending on your camera) "5" square with what looks like a LED in the corner next to your mirror navigation switch? Also what is the button the other side of the mirror control? we have a level control there for the headlights

David

David, the emblem with the 5 is the logo for FIVE:AD, the company who provided me with the body kit and wheels. The other button is our illumination control. I'm not too impressed with the way it works, stages of brightness as you continue to push. I prefer the "old fashion" method of a turn wheel but technology marches on in spite of me.

'Bob, it very well could be. It is illegal here as well to remove the air bags. Call me a rebel! I've never been a big fan of the whole airbag idea. All of the stock connections are tucked just behind the dash so if need be the stock steering wheel can be replaced in moments.'

Taz

Yeah well, that'll work then, no worries. You Rebel! Just don't go getting one of those nasty fake airbags fitted from China. Guess you've heard about those on the news as it's in your country. I heard when one of them went off it fired out pieces of metal... that's crazy isn't it? Stick to OEM I say -now I know what it means I'm gonna use that OEM over and over, untill I get sick of it.

As an aside here, I can recommend -if you haven't seen it already- Taken 2 with Liam Neeson, very good.

:nerd:

I very much enjoyed the fist Taken, looking forward to seeing the next one.

I guess the first Taken would be the OEM movie...LOL

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links