Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woman Driver Syndrome

Demonic Angel

Ok - no laughing! :rolleyes:

I suffered from women driver syndrome whilst doing a 3 point turn in a small street in Coventry...

Reversed back, but didnt see a lamp post behind me and now have a small dent in my rear bumper

I wasnt going incredibly fast, and none of the paintwork has come off so its un-noticeable at distance but when you get up close you can see it. Its about an inch long and is just under the rear number plate.

My brother reckons I can "bang it out" - his words not mine! But as its on the rear bumper, I dont see how that can happen and I dont want any of the paint to come off and make it look worse!

Any ideas, apart from a refresher driving course to help with my non-existent reversing techniques.... :(

A competent panel beater should be able to knock that out in a matter of seconds! I asked my dad who used to be a panel beater and he says it should be an easy job!

Cheers :thumbsup:

try one of these dentmaster companys itll be no sweat for them

try one of these dent master company's itll be no sweat for them

Hi Demonic Angel

I would go with jaxx with this one. I think they would be best to tackle the problem. Oh well at least it's not seriously damaged. Or else i think that you would be :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

jerry!!

4_1_72.gif

sorry just had to, Ill let you know how easy it is to do when I do mine, just waiting for warmer weather

Demonic Angel thats bad news, hope you manage to get it sorted! :(

OR

what a good excuse to get a Body kit! it would now be an absalute nessesity and not just a mod to get rid of the dent! :D

Don't think it'll be long before I do the same - can't see a thing behind me! I have to leave a huge gap behind when I'm parking and stuff to make sure there's nothing there.

Oh dear . . sorry to hear about this. Could be a LOT worse though . . people bump their cars every day !

I don't know these companies but they look OK from their sites - they are both located near to you . .

http://www.autohealer.co.uk/

http://www.perfect-finish.net/index.html

Thanks for that SMW, they both look good and the perfect-finish one is really close to me so I'll give them a call on Monday and get a quote.

vmail - I knew someone would laugh! Its my own fault, I really am a bit of a dunce and should have looked where I was going! :rolleyes:

ms speed - Body kits arent really my thing, besides it will cost more to get a body kit than get the dent sorted - so I'll stick with fixing it me thinks! :D

Its my own fault, I really am a bit of a dunce and should have looked where I was going! :rolleyes:

was you looking in the mirror, at yourself?

Its my own fault, I really am a bit of a dunce and should have looked where I was going! :rolleyes:

was you looking in the mirror, at yourself?

No, I dont tend to look at myself incase I scare myself! :D Well ok, maybe not, but I dont look at myself whilst I'm driving, I only use the mirror for when I'm at a standstill in the works car park to put my makeup on - its quite handy!

I'm not the typical woman putting makeup on while driving - now that would be silly of me!

I was actually in a rush as I wanted to get home and just didnt look properly!

Why? Do you think I'm sexy? :D :D :P

Ha ha haa!

There is one on my profile - its a few years old but I aint changed much, although I am a brunette in that one!

Actually must get my highlights redone soon as they are starting to grow out a bit, so not 100% blonde, just highlighted and act like it half the time! :D

I think that someone is crusing for a brusin here  ;)

Nahh if thats what he thinks then thats fine by me...

Perhaps a trip to Specsavers is in order though vmail? :D

the pic lies then, sorry

No it doesnt! :D

If your talking about the colouring its a technique called sepia which makes it look older, but is very IN at the moment. Its sorta in the middle of a black and white and a colour photo!

I had them done professionally a few years ago and the sepia ones actually look the best out of the lot

I do also have some colour ones aswell, which are also v nice, they should be as I paid over £700 for them! :D

Attached is one of the colour ones, just for you! :D

post-49-1082241003.jpg

Angel................You are gorgeous! (IMHO)

I have gone all bashful now! blush.gif

I dont think I'm really very good looking - I'd love to look like Cameron Diaz or Kylie! But I guess I'm ok! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links