Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Has A Corolla G6?

Firebreather

I am looking for a new instrument panel (the speedometer etc), and require the part code for it. This is located under the button in the speedometer which is used to reset the distance you have travelled. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me the code.

untitled.JPG

thanks!

The code is E50-a :thumbsup:

Joe

Thats probely the code for a 4A-FE 1600 cc, but firebreather has a 4E-FE 1300cc engine and than the speedometer is witha a cable to the gearbox and the 4A-FE 1600 is with a elctronical puls sensor on the gearbox thats the difference. :huh:

G6r so i'm guessing that i would be needing a different type of speedometer then?

4A-FE 1600 is with a elctronical puls sensor on the gearbox thats the difference.  :huh:

Nope the 1.6 4afe is still cable :P

Firebreather if you can get the dials you will be fine :thumbsup:

ok will someone with a G6 4E-FE corolla clear this up? whats the code on the speedometer of your car?

The code on my dash is E53-A its a G6-R

Is it a 4E-FE engine? and does your instrument panel look like the one in the pic?

Is it a 4E-FE engine? and does your instrument panel look like the one in the pic?

Nope look at my avatar its a 4A-FE 1600 G6-R but mayby its the difference that mine is a speedo with KM onthe clock and yours is a speedo with Miles and Km on the clock :bye:

:!Removed!: the instument panel looks the same :thumbsup:

Right, you see the code on my dash with no tachometer is E50-Z, and the one with a tachometer is E50-A, and yours is E53-A. :wacko:

hmm, i guess the best bet is to go to a breakers yard and get a dash which is from a G6 with a 4E-FE engine.

GiJoe90 and knowlson, wot engines do you guys have?

Right, you see the code on my dash with no tachometer is E50-Z, and the one with a tachometer is E50-A, and yours is E53-A. :wacko:

hmm, i guess the best bet is to go to a breakers yard and get a dash which is from a G6 with a 4E-FE engine.

GiJoe90 and knowlson, wot engines do you guys have?

Knowlson has a 4A-GZE its a 1600cc supercharged engine and GI JOE has the same as mine 4A-FE 1600cc the both have Miles on the Tachometer , i have Kilometers on the tachometer cause i,am from The Netherlands :thumbsup:

Just to clear this up

the 4afe in the g6 g6r sr are all cable speedo's

I had a Sr with a 4afe that had a cable speedo my mate pete has a G6r this also has a cable speedo. both these engines are 1.6

I now have a 4agze which came with an electric sender unit that I could not use with my 4afe dials as they are cable driven so I had to get a cable snder unit for my 4agze.

And here is a picture of the dials from my SR as you can see it is cable driven :thumbsup: White square thing on the right :P Firebreather go get it mate :thumbsup:

dial10.jpgdial7.jpgdial16.jpg

Thank you!!!

I ordered it from a breakers yard, and it cost me £60 inc del. Plus they are changing the milage meter for me to suit the milage on my car :thumbsup:

P.S how about making this a sticky? I know that there are alot of people out there with corollas and no tachometer, who would really benefit from this thread!

ahhh you dont have tach at the moment :( A mate of mine in ireland try this on this GS and had problems trying to get g6r dials to work mate :( I just thought you had a rev counter allready the speedo will be fine you might have to run a wire from the ecu to get the rev signal the ecu is behind the center console I will probably be able to tell you where to run the wire Just not sure if it will be there :!Removed!:

Right i'll check that out, If i have probs the guy from my local toyota dealer said he'd have no problem in fitting it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links