Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Dealer Meeting!

Radtoy

made my first trip to a Toyota dealer today to order an owners manual (mine was lost by previous owner) The whole experience was a nightmare!

Drove up and no parking spaces, its raining like mad so i pull up near the cars for sale. I get out and run into the showroom

Sales guy asks me to move my car as its in the way of the new cars! WHAT! its terrential rain and no customers are to be seen anywhere never mind outside!

I move my car to outside the dealership and run back in. Went to the service counter and the 17 year old girl laughs at me and says "its still raining then is it?"

I wanted to kill her! i was soaked and only because the jobsworth sales guy asked me to park 100 yards away!

She tells me to sit and wait as the parts guy is busy. After 10 minutes i get bored of waiting so i go and sit in the standard celica and start playing. Within 10 seconds the sales guy is hounding me! I tell him my Yaris would kill it (which it probably could as them 130 odd bhp celicas are lame)

he laughs and tells me a lad like me should be driving a mans car! I laugh back and ask himw hat he drives. He says hes got a SEAT Leon!

Parts guy finally turns up and asks for my chassis number. I already have it written down so give it him and he disapears. 2 minutes later he returns to tell me car doesnt exist on the computer!

I show him my car and say "Well whats that then a mirage"! he goers for another look and comes back to say hes found it! GREAT! i think!

He then says the computers have gone down so he will have to ring me back next week!

I leave and on the way out the bored sales guy holds the door open and says "have a good day, wtach the rain" :angry:

Anyway i was none too happy so i jump in my car and wheelspin it off through the car park!

Anyway rant over, lets hope next time i pay a visit i have better luck and the staff are all off sick!

Hehe sounds like one hell of a morning, :!Removed!:

My toyota dealer is a pain in the *****,

When you ring there always busy and will call you back, three years later still no returned call, You ask them to find something out and they never can and so on and forth

Must just be something about the dealers, Quick enough to take your money, Slow enough to help ya out

Andy

Sorry to hear guys, yea i have met a few annoyin 1s b4, but got a really nice one at the mo, always very helpfull

Hi Radtoy

Oh yes that sounds like my old Toyota dealer. They never had the time of day for you. Huh That will explain why they are now closed down good :thumbsup: The new place which i am now with are really good. Steven eagell of bletchley. Great garage. Would recommend them to anyone :thumbsup: There further away from my town but they are worth it :yes:

jerry!!

have you rang toyota customer service and complained about the service? i know i would if i was treated the way you were if it were a ferrari garage you would expect that kind of treatment but not a common toyota place. :!Removed!:

Im still undecisive about mine.

Whether they are a bunch of tw4ts for not replying to any emails or wheter they're service is actuall quite good.

If i go down there, no problems On the phone etc..........dont bother.

Also when i told him about getting info from a Toyota Forum, he thought the 'Forum' was a car...... <_<

Okies, seems that this bad experience is catching, picked up my new 2 me 2001 t sport, all good extreamly happy with the car, however not so amased by the service recieved from sales.

Arrived for a pre booked apointment to pick up car n finialise everythin as u do, as we arrived another couple arrived at same time as, both heading towards same delear, gretted us both but he started to deal with them, gave me the keys and said i could go have a look around ( even thou i already had but hey i wasnt complaning) he then took the couple out for a test drive leaving us jst standing arround, ;) not impressed, anyways made deal drove away a happy chap, to then find as i was drivin home i noticed a chip in the bottom of the window only small, like a stone had chiped up and hit it, secondly givin the car a once over when i got bac i noticed that there was no fluid for the radiator, strange considering it had jst had a service!!!, it would appear that they had flushed the engine coolant but not replaced it :!Removed!: leaving me with it empty

Anways im not one to usual have a rant of complain but to be fair this is the worse service ive ever recied from toyota, luckly not our local delear, this was the 1 in the nxt town, i shall b sticking to my local from now on !!!

Charlie

What I'm getting at is the actul service was not that bad, it was the whole unprofessional approach to it!

Its not what you expect at all from someone who subconsiously know is going to rip you off anyway! It takes the *****!

I wont say the dealers name because another day I probably would have had a better experience but it was a Shropshire one!

secondly givin the car a once over when i got bac i noticed that there was no fluid for the radiator, strange considering it had jst had a service!!!, it would appear that they had flushed the engine coolant but not replaced it  :shutit:  leaving me with it empty

Charlie

Hi Chuck04

Hey you are dam lucky that you engine didn't over heat and cause damage to your engine. You have got to have a moan at this matey. That was very unprofessional there mate. Good job that you live local to the garage as if you where to go far in it you would have most defiantly broken down :crybaby:

jerry!!

i know im extreamly lucky and not very impressed with them at all, id driven it about 25 miles b4 i checked it over, glad i did now :(

Think ill be having words with the other dealer with regards to poor service

Hope you guys have added your comments to the review scetion of the site....

I used to have similar experiences at Oxford Toyota who were about as much use as a chocolate teapot, changed to Reading and never had anything but praise for them.....

i know im extreamly lucky and not very impressed with them at all, id driven it about 25 miles b4 i checked it over, glad i did now :(

Think ill be having words with the other dealer with regards to poor service

25 miles you were lucky. I think that you should really go to town on them mate. Thats not really on mate. Very very poor workman ship there :ffs:

jerry!!

the mansfield one was toss aswell

so im quite happy to drive out to chesterfield instead these days!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links