Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Gone To Town Modding A N/a?

midmotorsteve

Can someone explain to me in some detailed laymans terms what those camshafts do ???!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• midmotorsteve

• ZeroBlade

• Jimlad

• jez_1_2000

googles awsome!

http://www.womanmotorist.com/index.php/new...2303/event=view

quite a good explanation.

womanmotorist.com, lol gonna havta look thru that site c what else is on there.

how to correctly apply makeup whilst travelling at speeds in excess of 30mph and talking to the passenger whilst facing them?

-Z

• 4 months later...

camshaft - rotates half the speed of the engine, ensures correct sequence the valves open and close....they look like the shape of eggs....things like oil pumps and vacum pumps run of the skew gear on the camshaft(like a jagged cog)

lamans term i was taught - ensure correct sequence valves open and close and that it turns recipricating motion into linear

i dont know about modding the camshaft but all i can geuss is that you have a lighter one???

201.4 bhp, thankyou very much!!!!!!!!!!!

15sec 1/4

thinkin about gettin 75bhp nitrous with controller when funds allow :yes:

Steve like what you've done :thumbsup:

I thought you had a tubby conversion, Oh well proves how much I know. :rolleyes:

I dont want you to get the impression us Tubby drivers rant and rave over our cars only. :unsure:

There's absoultely nothing wrong with N/A's they still pack plenty of punch in standard form and power is delivered further down than the tubby too :thumbsup:

I went up the strip agaisnt a modded N/A when mine was standard, and he shot away pretty sharpish. OK i did wheelspin alot, but it took me a good few 100 yards to catch up. :)

N/A's are deffently the preffered choice for circuit racing :help:

Butn now i'm used to driving mine on the circuit; I'm fairly confident at attacking corners on boost, gives you a bit of a buzz hearing the rear wheels hanging on for dear life :D

Evenstill i would imagine the N/A will exit corners quicker, no matter how much experience you've had :)

I know for a fact that my 205 get's round Oulton Park and most circuits faster than my tubby and that's less than half it's BHP. :P

If you ever want a passanger ride on a track, just let me know. ;)

no but this time without kidding..................

who's got the most powerful N/A on this site?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links