Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20 Bhp Resister Mod?

Asif

Ive seen people buying them little resisters and placing them in the air intake sensor wires, its ment to increase by 20bhp???? DO theY WORK???? cuz i might get 1 also are there any after effects???

I would not waste money on this type of MOD, it's only a 20p resister that fit's into the end of your Air Intake temp sensor or air mass sensor, this will trick the Air Intake temp sensor that the engine is still cold so it keeps the rev's very high ( 1500rpm and 2000rpm). I have brought the same resister from a local electrical store for 20p. My 98 Corolla was constantly jumping between 1300rpm to 2000rpm even when I stop at traffic lights. I would try and increase you standard rev's rather then possibly causing damage to the clutch and over rev'd engine. p.s I think 20BHP is more like 2BHP :ffs: What do you expect from e-bay ??? :censor:

I wouldnt say you get 20bhp, prob not even close to it, but I do def notice a bigger kick out of the engine at the start, Plus i doubt it will do much damage with slightly higher revs as the engine ecu will make sure that the car is not over revved to do damage....only difference is that your fuel economy will go down the drain... lol

One thing i did notice which was pretty damn good is while on reverse, only using the clutch, it was harder to stall than before, this is obviously due to the higher revs of the engine in place of using the accelerator

Oh and its def. not worth the £3 they charge on eBay, more like 50p max...

I dont know what type of resistor it is, but i can give u the colour code on the resistor so you could go to a hardware store and buy the same one for 20p...

i doubt it will do much damage with slightly higher revs as the engine ecu will make sure that the car is not over revved to do damage....

i'm afraid it wont firebreather, the ecu limiter will only cut petrol flow at a specified rpm, the engine can rev to where it likes.... try getting some good speed up 60+ then going down a really long steep hill and downshift from 4th to 2nd and see what happens.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links