Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Day At Crail Banzai

pizza boy

Ended up only racing twice only to find both races id carried out with a virtually flat rear tire due to a nail bah! Conditions were damp(was rainin until 2pm..when I couldnt race any more due to puncture:( )

My first run was pretty bad hehe...first gear was full on wheelspin (cant avoid it with wet+**** jap tires) missed 2nd big time but still ended up winning lol (thank god for that 3rd gear!) on a crap 14.7@100mph The car I raced was a 260bhp rev1 Tubby (1 of only 3 others at crail)who also got an equally shameful launch hehe!

2nd run was a lot better. Wheelspin was still bad in 1rst but 2nd and 3rd were better and ended up 13.5 sec @103mph beating a tuned scooby RB5 with NOS who finished in the early 14s somewhere. He was the one who pointed out to me my tire was %$(ed afterwards.

One thing its taught me is to replace the sh1te jap tires ive been runnin since I bought the car.

Was a top day tho and sods law it later became pretty hot and sunny once I coulndt race any further GRRRR!!!!!! Msherry and me were the only rev3+ tubbys. Ran into Ricomr2 (where did ya dissapear after m8!?) and that 600+bhp monster mr2 was there(best time was late 11s I think...too damp=insane wheelspin thru ALL gears) Was top day tho and me an MSherry and the rest of the boys had a top laff! Most suprising run was of m8s Integra SiR-G bone stock and it beat a Integra TypeR by .2 secs hehe..go on my son!

MSherry throw up the pics !

Sounds like u had a fun day m8, pity about ur tyres, cna't belive u didnt notice tho :)

u'll havta get some decent ones now pal.

-Z

I think every1 assumed id just let the air down really low in order to gain traction or something :wacko: . I was sittin in the grass b4 first run so tires were covered in mud an grass which didnt help on the 2 runs guh! Im 100% sure I can hit late 12s but the spin is unavoidable with the conditions and tires the minute boost kicks in in 1rst .In the second run I launched at about 2800rpm was better than first run at 3500rpm (I NEVER dump clutch in the street I value my clutch so I had to figure out which rpm were best guh!). Both times I launched pound signs flashed in front of my eyes gah!

I just wished I coulda done a run later in the afternoon when it totally dried up GRR!

Hey Pizza boy - 13sec car, wow :blink:. How mad was the White 600bhp thing! What happened to its front bumper too? :D

hey guys what a day and what was that crazy white mr2??

wow that was quick!!

we took a walk down to the drift track for a bit,

loads of 200 sx's getting big time sideways,

came looking for you guys but you must have left by then.

Next time i go im going to take mine up the strip.

I took some pics but the camera decided to play silly bug**rs

so they didnt come out to good so lets see yours!! :thumbsup:

P.s when we going back cos my mates are talking about going

to the lax flower show in a fortnight ;)

I'm prolly one of the worst pepole in lookin after my clutch had to replace it within a few weeks of gettin my '2. U should let loose a little, heh, after all ur gonna need to upgrade ur clutch sooer or l8r rite ?

-Z

Im 100% sure I can hit late 12s but the spin is unavoidable with the conditions and tires the minute boost kicks in in 1rst

Sounds like some new tyres and a launch control unit are next on the list ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

2nd run was a lot better. Wheelspin was still bad in 1rst but 2nd and 3rd were better and ended up 13.5 sec @103mph beating a tuned scooby RB5 with NOS who finished in the early 14s somewhere. He was the one who pointed out to me my tire was %$(ed afterwards.

Ahhh that would be me in the RB5,

Pitty the crail staff cant oparate the timing equipment or it would be a decent race, funny thing was i was running 13.5s in the wet :) , but never managed a half decent run as the track dried out.

Id imagine your 301bhp mr2 would beat my 263bhp scooby with a 25bhp shot of nos, but in the dry i can run 13s flat now :thumbsup: . hopefully see you up on the max power day for a rematch.

did u get home ok mate?

k.

Hi, What a great day at Crail! even though I couldn't run due to clutch being stuffed, I realy enjoyed it. saw Salami on the strip and Rico's car, but no driver to be seen...Rico nice photo of pizza boy and myself's *****!

Salami your car was sweet. I was taking photos of you while you were waiting to do your run.

So as requested here are the photos of the day, sorry they havn't been categorised. You also might have to save them to your pc to view them better.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/download/download.asp?folder=msherry21

cheers, and I'll be up for the max power thing at crail too no doubt, you going pizza boy?

Sorry, If you just go on to www.imoc.co.uk then into the Files section on the right hand side, then scroll down to Msherry21....their in there!

sorry.

p.s its an old one but whats the best way to put up a lot pf photos (40 or so) on to the net for you all to see?

thanks and enjoy the pics.

god damn !! Wish I was there.

Let me know if there's anything else in the future and I'll defo come up. Would have loved to get some races in too.... pity about my clutch tho.

Coming to think about it... it should be here already... grr !

Jimlad its max power at crail in a fortnight and me and few mates are going.

You should have a clutch by then eh??

I'll start a new thread on here to see if theres interest. :thumbsup:

sweet.... I'll be up for that mate.

See who wants to go and I'd be happy to meet some peeps somewhere. ( or I'll get lost ! ) ... lol

Coming to think of it though... the car may be in the bodyshop... mmm... will have to organise around crail then.

Hopefully ill be able to come to max muppet event...bah its exam season :angry:

Ahhh that would be me in the RB5,

Pitty the crail staff cant oparate the timing equipment or it would be a decent race, funny thing was i was running 13.5s in the wet  , but never managed a half decent run as the track dried out.

Id imagine your 301bhp mr2 would beat my 263bhp scooby with a 25bhp shot of nos, but in the dry i can run 13s flat now  . hopefully see you up on the max power day for a rematch.

did u get home ok mate?

MadK fancy seein you here on an mr2 board hehe..I got home ok thx for the help tho, too bad AA were not as good to me as they were to you bah! Im gonna get a better set of tires than the 'nankangs' im wearin now lol...more like w@nkangs. Need a remap too as Dastek mapped the Unichip with the crack in the pipe :(

So I should be pullin more torque :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links