Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Happy Chappy!

midmotorsteve

Finally my perserverance has paid off for £178 got a pair of 190bhp cams, and all the shims, valves, springs and buckets to do a full shim under bucket conversion.

add to this the dastek and no question over 200bhp on my rev2 normally aspirated. :D :D

Go on my son!

What's ur target gonna be? I'm gonna attempt 300bhp.

Saying that i plan to use the red top as my base engine.

-Z

don't have a target, as long as it keeps increasing thats good for me. Seen dynos of rev2 n/a with apexi filter, mongoose exhaust and de-cat + unichip @198bhp.

so i think i should see 210bhp ish once a unichip is added. My little list of mods, 190bhp spec cams, HKS adjustable pullys, shim under bucket conversion, de-cat, oil catch can, blitz SUS cold feed, HKS metal head gasket, APR head bolts, wrapped manifold, high pressure TRD rad cap.

power delivery should also be better as i've also the LSD to fit. :thumbsup:

currently run with out spare wheel, all metal stock heat shields have been ditched in favour of thermotec wrap and aluminised fiberglass matting. Light weight TOMs rims. Theres a lot of weight in the dustbin thats the standard exhaust so i want a nice minimal single exit like a 5zigen or alike. Not much else you can loose with out going extreme. :thumbsup:

need to loose weight at the rear really, i justified loosing the spare up front as i run 16" rims with 205/45s so get more front grip anyway.

Hi Steve, where can I get a hold of cams like yours for that price? Is there anything else you require to do the conversion? How does the car drive after the change? Id be very interested to know!

here you go :-

ebay.com link to 190 bhp cams

i'm listed as high bider but ignore it, he had two sets and so is saving cost relisting. I bid to $100 but ended up doing a deal to get all the other parts i wanted.

heres what he mailed me concerning the cams

"Yes, They will fit the engine. However, I do not know the actuall durration

and lift. I did measure them against my Gen II engine 3SGTE and found that

they were significantly taller and wider. I wrote it down, but am away for

the weekend, soo don't have my notes. I do know, However, that they have a

higher lift than Gen III JDM 3SGTE cams also. I am selling them, because I

have already purchased a HKS JDM high lift 272 cams

Tyson"

So I'll need the Cams... what else do I need to install them correctly. Also how much am I looking at to get them fitted?

Also concerned about driveability with them. Only other mods are breathing mods - induction kit and S/S exhaust. Any more info on the subject would be appreciated!

I know you ordered those cams for your car Steve - which i believe started life as a 158bhp model? Do you have any idea if they'll fit my 173bhp engine?

your in the perfect car for them, to get them to fit mine i have to convert to rev3 bucket/shim set up . un rev1 & 2 cars the bits the cam shaft hit to move the valves has shims on top, these can be thrown out by rough cams. Toyota altered the setup on rev3 s to shim underneath so this can't happen.. long and short easier for you to fit them than me. you can bolt them straight in. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about getting cams too but I was a bit concerned the engine would idle like a bag of :censor: and that would do my head in! Let me know how you get on.

Excellent. Looks like I'm joining the camshaft brigade :):) Looks like they are 258degree cams? Do you know what make they are?

Can't wait.

Rev 3 + Decat, Catback, Induction Kit, Cams :lol:

~195-200bhp? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links