Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Treat Your New Car

pstones578

Someone has told me that when you get a new car that you should not be driving over 50mph for the first 1000 miles. Is that true?

no its a load of crap!

take it steady for the 1st 50miles to allow the fluids to get flowing in the right directions

then for the next 1k try not to thrash it at all and itll be sound

after that go for it!

Someone did post a topic on this b4, apparaently u should take it easy for a wk or so, then rag f :censor: k out of it!

Ill look now..........

Its all a load of crap. Whne you pick up your car its got no miles on but people dont realise your engine has probably done at few thousand during testing at the factory it was built in!

Dont worry about it, just take it easy until it gets up to temp and it will be fine!

Nah ur suposed the push the car around for at least the week, then ur allowed to drive it :D

I would do the following:

1. Let the engine warm up thoroughly...

2. Give it hell... :arrgg-matey:

Its all a load of crap. Whne you pick up your car its got no miles on but people dont realise your engine has probably done at few thousand during testing at the factory it was built in!

Dont worry about it, just take it easy until it gets up to temp and it will be fine!

they dont test all of the cars

It depends on the engine and type to.

A new engine should always be run in to some extent.

My old car had to be run in with mineral oil so that the carbon deposit would line and protect the engine. The revs had the be kept below 5k for the first 500 miles then increase the rpms by a 1000 for every hundred there after until hitting 9k.

Then at the first service the engine was run in and synth oil can then be used.

When i get a T sport i will be running in, in a similar manor just to give the fluids and parts time to settle in and bed properly.

When i got my yaris, i tried keeping low speeds, but when you ahev a brand new car and you dont have an instructor telling you to do below 30 all the time, its too hard to resist lol....

mine let me loose on the east lancs at 70mph

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links