Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Day

System~G

Just to make you lot a bit jealous :P

This morning we (My Dad, Nicola and I) left home at 9 to go to Silverstone to spend the day watching The Ferrari Owners Club members thrash it out on the grand prix circuit (Nicola helps at their events).

After cruising the pits for a couple of hours, seeing loads of Ferraris (both road going and race prepped). I returned to the sign-in table, paid a small fee which gave me a wrist band enabling me to "Blag" a ride with some of the drivers.

After "sort of" securing a ride in a race prepped 360 Modena, My dad came to me to let me know that he had been offered a ride in a road going 360 Modena. Without waisting too much time and the chance of loosing a ride around Silverstone in a Ferrari, we returned to the paddock with my crash helmet. I met the owner and driver of the 360 and jumped into his car.

:censor: me!!! what an experience! B) I have never felt accelleration like it before! I never imagined that a rear wheel drive vehicle could hold corners like this!

After my ride, the owner and I were chatting, and to my utter amazement, he mentioned MR2's and kitting them with the 355 kit and that only purists would know the difference. I had to confess that being a previous MR2 owner and enthusiast that I would then have to be classed as purist as I thought the kit ruined an already beautiful car! :lol: He said he liked the MR2 but for obvious reasons owned 4 Ferraris and some other £££ cars... Oh well some guys have it all...

One day... maybe...

(Pics to follow at some point soon)

SO WHAT........

I watched snooker all day................ :crybaby:

Hmmm, not quite as good as your day out but yesterday myself and three colleagues travelled down to Villa Park for the Newcastle v Villa game. All courtesy of one of our suppliers, we had a private box, free three course meal and drinks and we were down to 10 men for 81 minutes of the game and still got a point :P

Not quite as exciting but just as rewarding :lol:

Mr G in da house.. lol.. bling blingin... lol

You and Nicola gotta hook me up with that!!!

I would love ya both forever.. (as a mate)!!!

lucky sod... I managed to have a sit in a 360 Road car about a week ago.. but seeing some race going versions.. man.. now that would be an experiance and a half....!!

As promised - Pics:

Pit_lane.jpg

Pic_0665.jpg

Note the SA flag on the reg plate B) Go Bro :thumbsup:

Pic_0660.jpg

Pic_0651.jpg

B)

those enzo's look ace!

as for me youll never beet my day! im at work :D :( :(

NICE :thumbsup:

Rash

Well after a friggin brilliant long weekend, I get to work this morning for my director to say to me: "What are you doing here?" Initially I thought I had been sacked, but then he added "You're working nights until further notice", "has no one told you?"

Anyone need a sound engineer? I have had it with these c :censor: s

Oh well I supose one can't have it good all the time :fishyface:

wonder if ne1 w. a 355 kit ever tries to sneak their way into one of them. lol

-Z

Well after a friggin brilliant long weekend, I get to work this morning for my director to say to me: "What are you doing here?" Initially I thought I had been sacked, but then he added "You're working nights until further notice", "has no one told you?"

Anyone need a sound engineer? I have had it with these c :censor: s

Oh well I supose one can't have it good all the time :fishyface:

I am not sure they have the right to do this without fair notice,where I work it would be a months notice for such a severe change of shift, is it a big company you work for or a small one?

wonder if ne1 w. a 355 kit ever tries to sneak their way into one of them. lol

Z,

No chance of those dodgy 355 kits invading. They can park up with the real things no prob (as can I).

To get on the track the drivers have to produce their membership card at the start of the day.

Master_Simon:

G works for a small dodgy company. They treat their staff very badly, I am sure G has enough bad experiences to take matters further (I have already suggested going to citizens advice).

Fizz:

G has a few more pics (think they are all high res) so I think he can bore you.

Just to add that B.A.R. were testing that day too, but we didn't look, could hear the impressive F1 sound though (they were practising starts).

wow... love the pics!.. you got any high res ones?

I'm afraid these are as high a res as I got :( My digital cam is a couple of years old and is only capable of 1.3 megapixels :blink: My APS camera (piece of !Removed!) ran out of Battery power before getting to silverstone :(

I do have a number of other shots, but am reluctant to upload due to being back on dial up...

I am not sure they have the right to do this without fair notice,where I work it would be a months notice for such a severe change of shift, is it a big company you work for or a small one?

As Nicola said, it's small and I (and pretty much all the staff) have more than enough reason to aproach citizens advice. Apparently one of them is trying to find time to see his family solicitors. I feel a tribunal coming up :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links