Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mud Guards On Mr2

Fury

Since puchasing the MR2, I have noticed that without the mudguards the side and rear of the car get sprayed, and takes away from the clean shiny appearance of the rest of the car.

The question is would you or have you put mudguards on your 2, what are the feelings about them generally?

My MR2 had mudguards on them when I got it, apart from the fact that they stop dirt getting (and possibly scratching) the paintwork they are also known to improve high speed stability!

Does anyone know if these would be a stock item from Mr T, or any idea how much they are?

Can they be colour coded?

Ta.

also known to improve high speed stability!

Doubtful.

On some later revisions of MR2's there was a little spoiler type thing behind the front wheels to help improve high speed stability. A standard mud flap (or guard) won't do anything for speed stability. If anything will slow the car down due to "drag" or air resistance.

Having owned a white MR2, I considered fitting a set of mud guards to help keep it clean, but looking at other white cars with guards fitted, it seamed pointless as they were always filthy anyway and would ruin the lines on mine. Personal thing I guess. Besides I enjoyed cleaning my pride and joy once a week :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links