Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Braces On A N/a?

mk1_salami

After a wee discussion with JappyBeast, it appears his car - and loads of other 2's all - have the cross over strut brace installed in the engine bay. I don't! Is it missing or did some of them not come with this?

engine.jpg

as far as i know the only cars without a strut brace were the 3SFE engines (though i think may have had a single brace). All t-bar models should have strut braces. have a look round the mounts for evidence of someone taking them off previously...

do you have braces on the front struts?

Yeah front but not back!

How much difference do you think these make? I could with a bit less roll :ph34r:

What type of roof do you have?

With the N/A's - T-Bars have struts front and rear. Moon roof's (sunroof) and tin-tops only have them in the front. This is because the chassis are obviously weaker without a solid roof. You'd be surprised how much rigidity is lost when loosing a roof or window.

They can be fitted as an aftermarket item and will stiffen the ride up a little more.

I was speaking to a bloke about making big chunky braces .. but his missus has left work and I've lost his number ..

will chase this up ..

i like it big and chunky!

and how is the missus ? :)

u prolly scared her off u massive git :P

haha

I rem u saying bout these a while bak they would look sweet as.

-Z

Seems I'm missing a rear strut brace then. It's a T-bar, it does roll a bit but I didn't think twice about it?! If anyone is getting new "chunky" strut braces - can I get their old one? How much would you be looking for? If not where could I get myself a cheap one - I'll try and email rogue systems.

I just got a t-bar stock strut brace inc postage from eBay for £30 to put in the back of my moon roof car, can't hurt to stiffen it more. Also got a GAB stainless chunky one up front. Yesterday there was one on eBay with no bids at 99p, typical i thought after i'd just bought one.

is that one still on?

ur big on eBay l8ly, mite havta get myself on there and score some sweet deals!

-Z

No rear strut brace on my N/A coupe. I think it may only appear on the T-bars and Turbos as standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links