Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Got Raped...

ZeroBlade

dunno if u all rem a while back when i had my mongoose fitted, well lemme rmeinda ya...

Basically i took it to mr t first, they were hgonna charge about £300 cos they bolts that joined to the manifold were snapped and need drilling & rethreading, plus i needed a new flexipipe bit. so i said no thank you, in a nice way.

Well took it to an exhaust place in newcastle and the guy there recommended wickham welds, so i took it to him.

when he fixed it he said he replaced the flexipipe bit, made a new connecting pipe done the bolts etc. oh and that he'd got the gaskets / firing ring as they werent with the exhaust... paid him £139...

That guy fixed it all up and it was decent for a few months. then it sounded like my exhaust had gone again, plus power felt less, but i wasnt sure about this thinking i may have gotten used to the car.

Took it back to him and he said really and acted puzzled saying thats how its supposed to sound, i was pretty adamant about this so he ended up checkin it and said yep i was rite. air leak at either side of the de-cat pipe, i asked why and he sed err it needs gaskets, the paste i covered it with came off :censor:

i got him to paste it temporarilly and stormed outa there.

took it to qwickfit and they said he'd done nowt, and that it needed that much work they werent gonna do it!

so i'm well ******. takin it in2 HR Fastfit on thurs, which has been recommended by DazH. The guy there recognised ur name m8, nice 1 hope i get a decent price :thumbsup:

so off there on thurs morn hoping to get it sorted out.

bleedin' nora this' one long spiel!!!

-Z

decat pipe has two fire rings one at each end, that are £2.75 each from any motor factors, it only involves undoing 4 bolts putting rings in then doing up bolts... :blink:

... looks like ima hav to kick some ***** ...

The fella seemed like a decent bloke too. I guess ya live & ya learn. I asked if i could stay and watch, but he sed i can't cos i won't be insured in the garage. at this point i just wanted the damn thing on so i left it w. him. From now on if they don't let me stay, they can sod off!

-Z

damn man.. you throwin a bit of monies into that car 'ehh...

well at least when you finish it you know it will be a mint runner! :)

i reckon about a grand and a half so far, that's inc zort, k&n, leads, etc. not really much to show is it!

heh. Still i'll keep pluggin at her. tb fair she doesnt run that bad at all for a car of her age.

-Z

i reckon about a grand and a half so far, that's inc zort, k&n, leads, etc. not really much to show is it!

heh. Still i'll keep pluggin at her. tb fair she doesnt run that bad at all for a car of her age.

-Z

<I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> it... join the t-bar brigade!... :thumbsup::lol:

... thing is i dont think i'll be able to sell her to ne1.

Cos the things that i overlooked were only cos i knew she was a project car hence was getting fixed up.

I mean i could easily cover the messed up bits up, make her a littel dirty so u don't see the atrocious road chippings on the bonnect etc. buit i feel kinda tight doing that...

damn me and my guilty conscience!

-Z

fair doo's... what can ya say.. your stuck with ya project then.. make sure its awesome!

for better or for worse she's staying with me ;)

there's no doubt about it m8, i'll make her in2 a tubby killer!!!

-Z

for better or for worse she's staying with me ;)

there's no doubt about it m8, i'll make her in2 a tubby killer!!!

-Z

you dare touch my tubby and i will kill you! :ph34r::lol:

I know how you feel, sounds like we are going down the same route, same zorst same problems etc :D

I fitted it all myself, which nearly killed me buy the time i'd drilled snapped bolts out and re-threded them etc, and i cannot, no matter what i try, get the cat joins to seal for long, what ever gaskets i try they always start to leak a bit after a week or so, most annoying :ffs: been through two sets of gaskets now, seriously considering welding the lot up :lol:

Bibbs & fizz:

U 2 just wait. i'll have her at 300bhp b4 nos and b4 the supercharger ;)

ur gonna c one powerful 3SG-ZE engine baby!

Smifad:

Really?

Hrm i've only heard good things bout the mongoose from rhaines etc. so i dunno. But i'm getting it looked at on thursday so hopefully they'l be able to sort it out!

-Z

Bibbs & fizz:

U 2 just wait. i'll have her at 300bhp b4 nos and b4 the supercharger

Not sure what car I will have in 15 years .. but defo let me know :)

Not sure what car I will have in 15 years .. but defo let me know :)

haha :P

-Z

Ryans mongoose blew from the day he fitted it 'till the day he sold the car. Must admit never thought much of them for the money, just a standard exhaust with bigger tips really.

Hayward and Scott will make you what you want in full stainless and fit it for £300.

To really put it in perspective an APEXI N1, fantastic exhaust works out at £260 plus shipping from the states. Shipping being $50 so ~£26

aaah! wish u'd told me that ages ago when i was looking for a zorst! :P

can't really do owt with this now as over 350 spent from fenny's :/

add that 139 i paid before, 40 for a flexipipe, 20 for a new flexibit...

man i didnt just get arped i got bent over backwards and <snip>...

:eek:

rite from now on ne newbies ask bout the zort tell em 2 stay away from the mongoose!!!

-Z

can't really do owt with this now as over 350 spent from fenny's :/

add that 139 i paid before, 40 for a flexipipe, 20 for a new flexibit...

man i didnt just get arped i got bent over backwards and <snip>...

...cheaper than my £950 HKS Super Drager impulse buy!!! Internet is deadly. Too easy to order stuff!

Can't say I complain though. Love it to bits. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links