Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuddy Insurance Companies

ZeroBlade

Renewal in a few days so i thawt i 'd ring round.

Mod's i'm declaring:

mongoose exhaust

k&n air filter

churchill

0800 200 326

cat1 alarm/imob needed

can't insure w. mods unless 25

norwich union

0800 092 9564

gotta be 21

dorset

01202 302888

ring bak 2moro

liverpool victoria

0800 514 514

gotta b 25

Adrian Flux > ? > Prestige

08700 692202

AF - gotta b 25, xfered me 2 ?

? - xferd me to prestige

Prestige hungup, gits!

Performance-Direct

0870 4203896

me only, however can use 2yrs dicount off mum's policy, £2250

With hte exception of performance the others were policy's with me as named driver, 2yrs full license, aged 20.

Mum as policy holder, driving 10+yrs, 2yrs no claims.

Both of us clean as a whistle.

Not the best soddin thing to happen is it?

Guess i'll stick with tesco, they're renewal came up as £1,215.63. However that's w/o mods...

Ne1 got better places for a quote?

Gonna fill in that confused.com and c if they can find me a better deal.

-Z

The Tesco quote sounds pretty good. Unfortunately Insurance companies don't like young drivers, esp. young male drivers with sports cars. Probably best to watch the old modding until you're a bit older. The more standard you keep the car the less it will cost you.

yeh i know :(

This' put me in a bit of a bind really...

Cos i've got a few grand setaside to get hte bodykit + respray done. but kit's gonna ad money aint it?

So... should i spend that on getting a beams put in instead?

I should be ok with that. afterall it's the "same" 2.0litre engine aint it...

but damn, she needs a respray real bad!

-Z

I alway found it amusing that when i was 18, my parents had a 1981 BMW 728i and it was group 16 (same as an MR2) and no where would insure me on it even as a named driver, (parents were going to give it to me, was only worth £600). They then gave it away to my uncle and go and buy a K plate 3 ltr 24valve quad cam V6 engined camry, group 15 and it cost them £76 per annum to add me as a named driver... wheres the logic :eek:

i guess it's down to the "name" and it's status as a sportscar.

erks me off no end!

ne1 wanna team pu w. me & open up a fake garage so we can get cheaper insurance?

Then we'll just "hire" the club members, hence we have cheap TOC insurance :)

-Z

can get cheaper insurance by doing the early 90's mr2 as clsic?

was told that get one that over 10yo.....

living in N.I them :censor: insurance :censor: i have got is silly need a sweet ride.... :crybaby: they wont let me have one :crybaby::crybaby:

......any ppl know about doing that wood be gr8 hlp

xxxxthnx

didnt actually try the classic insurance but i did do the limited miles (5000). mite try ringing round again and specifying classic.

will hav2 give tesco a ring 2moro neway about it, c if i can change the policy a little.

i.e. tell them i've got a better quote (i.e. lying...) decrease vehicle value, and attempt to get it put on as a classic insurance. and i guess ill havta tell em about the zorst + k&n ...

-Z

i had my aw11 on classic poilicy, started fresh policy no no claims it was £279 per annum.

Your main proble is you dont have any no claimes...... my insurance on my sx went down by £975 just through gaining one years no claimes!

Being a named driver doesnt get you any no claimes, only the person whos name is at the top of the policy (your mum in this case) gets the no claims. I got cought out on this and ended up paying £600 more to insure my sx when i was 21 :angry:

Try Admiral, they did me a good deal and they will insure imports. the bod i spoke too was really helpfull, found as many ways as he could to get the price down for me :thumbsup:

One good trick is to get someone as a named driver who has experience, for instance, my insurance is £100 cheaper with my dad on it, (and my mates is £100 with me on it :wacko: simply because ive been driving for more than 5 years and he hasnt)

Hope thats of some help...

hmm i rem bibbs telling me that one about gettin some1 else on the policy. but tbh most of these were w. me as the named driver and my mum as the policy holder, still no go tho :(

just gettin it renewed with tesco for now.

I'll be 21 come next renewal so maybe a bit more luck then!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links