Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changine The Speedo Measurer

ZeroBlade

Cable snapped on my speedo a whie bak still not got round ot gettin it replaced.

I remember ben saying that the l8r model '2's had a digital thingy to measure the speed as opposed to the cable.

Can i get one of these l8r model speedo things fitted in2 my 2, instead of having the cable replaced?

thank ya!

-Z

don't think so fella .. A cable snapped on My REv1 .. cost about £30 for a replacement cable and then about an hours labour to fit it ..

Agreed, it would be no small task. You would have to fit the speed sensor somewhere (I think it goes on the gearbox). I suspect that the Rev 2 gearboxes have a different attachment for this. You wouldn't have the appropriate wiring loom up to the instrument cluster, so would have to wire this yourself. All in all, I really don't think it would be worth it, and the costs would be at least £200 (for new parts - probably more) - which is a heck of a lot or speedo cables.

damn sounds like i'll havta stick with hte cable then. another quick question fellas.

What else should i get done under there whilst the cables being fitted?

stuff like bushes etc need changing shall i get the garage to do all that whilst they're fixin the cable 2?

or is there nething else that'l need replacing on a 13yr old car?

-Z

Well it alll depends on how much wear there is on the various bushes. If they're solid, then the shouldn't need changing. If on the other hand, they're loose and worn then yes change these too.

What else should i get done under there whilst the cables being fitted?

Erm .. I got my hand brake cable tightened and lubed .. and an oil change while it was at the garage ..

okay i'll get them bushes aswell as the shocks looked at. and in regards to the hb-cable thats a good idea. cos on fairly steep hills i REALLY havta pull it to get the car to stay still. if i give it a "normal" pull it start to slide :eek:

-Z

the HB is a mare .. and if you get it lubbed up loads the cables freezing is not an issue ..

cool, sounds like thats getting sorted too. cheers bud.

off in2 town now to get a soddin cowboy outfit, i h8 21st's when they're themed fancy dress!!!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links