Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Motorway Driving With Aftermarket Exhaust

corollasr

that twin oval on that honda is similar to the exhaust im having made up except mines got a slant cut like the CLK pipes.

in that scale then, my cousins Saxo is about a 15 :lol: twin 5" exhausts de-catted

even on tickover i can still hear him 2 streets away :thumbsup:

J

Understated is the best way.

As in 5 out of 10.

I have an 11 out of 10 at the moment and it draws too much attention for my liking. At 5000RPM you can barely shout over it. On the way back down from as little as 3000RPM it sets off car alarms.

I've had bus drivers pull up next to me and ask me what the hell kind of engine I had in the MR2. Scooby owners just stare in disbelief. Just today a bloke in a van pulled up next to me asking if my particular exhaust came on the car as standard, hinting at the fact that my car is definitely way too loud.

It's quite good fun having a stupidly loud exhaust but it can get tiresome, if not to you then to those who have to put up with it when sat behind you in a queue of traffic.

i always go for 10 on the "loudness scale" and strip them out carpets the works is the only way. i do shed loads of motorway miles and love the noise its great on the motorway

ed

I used to run a 300ZXTT with a Scorpion exhaust and it was very tiring on Motorway journeys. It sounded great in towns though, and was particularly good in tunnels.

yeah, tunnels are fun. thats why i dont want it too quiet, so i can boot it in tunnels. got a nice big tunnel just down the road

ed

Understated is the best way.

As in 5 out of 10.

I have an 11 out of 10 at the moment and it draws too much attention for my liking. At 5000RPM you can barely shout over it. On the way back down from as little as 3000RPM it sets off car alarms.

I've had bus drivers pull up next to me and ask me what the hell kind of engine I had in the MR2. Scooby owners just stare in disbelief. Just today a bloke in a van pulled up next to me asking if my particular exhaust came on the car as standard, hinting at the fact that my car is definitely way too loud.

It's quite good fun having a stupidly loud exhaust but it can get tiresome, if not to you then to those who have to put up with it when sat behind you in a queue of traffic.

just but your system on when you get bored with the zorst

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links