Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't Wait!

mk1_salami

These bad boys -

32302192-5659-028001E0-.jpg

Any advice on fitting these? Is it a hard job to fit? WIll the cambelt need to be replaced at the same time? This usually costs £200+ judging by what I've read?

Any advice appreciated!

exactly my thought on price hence i jumped at them, HKS are £275 each :eek: these won't hurt low down much at all 2 or 3 bhp but up top 5500 rpm to 7500rpm should see approx 15 - 20bhp more. did he say what he thought lift and duration are, i'm guessing it'll be 254 ish 7.2 ish.

Only thing we musn't do is snap our cam belts as the engine will now become an interference engine, then do you know anyone thats actually snappped a cam belt ? serious neglects need for that.

full rebuild isn't it? Don't the cams spit out their lobes and the valves go all bent?

Not really that desireable!

when you say lobes do you mean shims? this is only on re1 & 2 cars with shim over bucket setup and then only with 272 7.2 cams, rev3 cars can fit what you like. Mines a rev2 so just to be sure i'm upgrading to shim under bucket aka rev3 so i've no chance of throwing shims either. :D

You really expect to see ~15bhp at the top of the rev range? :blink: If I do I'll be a very happy chappy :D :D :lol:

midmotorsteve Posted on Apr 22 2004, 03:52 PM

when you say lobes do you mean shims?

Sorry, yup, lobes is a brummie phrase! :D

Eitherway, if your cambelt goes your fubbard (<I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed!) Anyway, how does the non-interferrance system work? ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links