Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Intervals

TheKipster

Morning all,

My MR2 was imported last year with 29k on the clock. 9k later and she needs a service... Question is, what service do I need A, B or C?

Looking back at the Japanese log book, it had it's last service at 26k. The company who imported it said they did a service when they brought it in.

Thanks in advance...

Oh and if anyone knows a decent place in Kent to get her serviced I'd be very grateful.

Might be better to do the servicing yourself really (for most tasks or a decent garage for the more complex ones), since it works out a lot cheaper. You need to find out what the garage did to it when it arrived. I would be inclined to replace the cambelt, definately change the engine oil and filter, maybe change gearbox oil, check pads and discs for wear, check all other fluid levels i.e. PAS and brake oil all the door hinges, clean/change air filter, inspect rotor arm, dizzy cap and plugs and ht leads.

Not a bad plan, but I don't have the facilities or the expertise to do all that. I managed to fit an induction kit on my own :D but that all sounds a bit above me...

Maybe a mechanics course or sumin is in order - Would love to be able to do my own servicing.

Well you should be able to change the plugs, the dizzy cap and rotor arm, heck you should be able to do the engine oil too. The brakes are harder, though you can do a visual check of the pad condition. The gearbox oil isn't the easiest, so maybe best to leave that, and as for the cam belt - this is not a novice job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links