Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Wipers

Bobbin

Right, I have new wipers on my 1990 n/a GT-T-bar and they were a pain to fit, the passenger wiper seems to not wipe the window properly, as if its not putting enough preasure on the window, tried bending the arm a bit, made no difference. I also noticed that when the wipers are turned off, the passenger wiper seems to not curve with the window, as in the wiper does not have 100% contact with the window. This means that when it rains the wipers don't clean the whole side of the window. This is really f :ffs: g me off now and any ideas or help would be a great help. Also if anyone else has the same problem with there wipers? :crybaby:

Cheers guys and gals :thumbsup:

you got new rubber ? Or actual metal bits with rubber attached ( if you know what I mean ). Genuine toyota ones ?

If so.. I had the same prob, took it of and put back on and it was fine. Dunno what was up.

They are not gunuine Toyota ones, got them from Halfords, I was told that they would fit fine, they were the most expensive and have a spoiler on the drivers one (which makes no difference at all at speeds by the way <_< ) Do you need to have the genuine article then for them to work properly? If so I may need to buy another set from Toyota :ffs: How much are they and can you order parts to be sent to your hame address form Toyota as the nearest dealer to me is miles away and not worth the drive!

Genuine Toyota ones are the best you can get. I have tried ones from Halfords and they are pap !

They are about £20 or so per side I think.

There was somewhere you can get parts delivered to you from... but can't remember where. Sure it was a dealer somewhere.

anyone ?

yep orig one's r the best. like jim said they're about £20 from mrT, but fensport do 'em cheaper, bout £8. make sure u tell them if they're the earlier screw on type or l8r one's tho they usually ask u stuff like that, but just make sure!

again to re-iterate both me & jim, and a few others have all used Bosch, champion, Halfords wipers + various other 3rd party ones and the orig came out tops all time, specially at high speeds ;)

-Z

I had no problems whatsoever with Champions bought from quickfit :!Removed!: They fitted fine and cleared the rain away no probs leaving the screen completely dry after each wipe.

hmm.

What's speeds did u test them up 2? (for research purposes obviously)

I found that at high speeds they lifted and didnt clear the rain well at all!

-Z

hmm.

What's speeds did u test them up 2? (for research purposes obviously)

I found that at high speeds they lifted and didnt clear the rain well at all!

-Z

Probably only up to about 80mph - I never pushed the car too hard in the wet, even with decent tyres.

well i err tested em past 100 <_< and that where they failed, technically they're not made for that so err they would be okay i guess...

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links