Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I Getting Scammed?

aberlifter

Hey guys ive noticed most of you are from europe and UK. I put my dodge dakota truck on a free ad internet classified. Some guy in europe wants to buy it from me and ship it to europe. He claims there rare in europe. So my question is, is it rare or is he trying to scam me. Heres an exerpt of the message.

-Do not worry

about the shipment,my shippers will be taking care of the shipment.The

payment will be make by certified cheque that will be send by my client

that owes me that amount of money.I will want you to give me your full

name,physical address and phone numbers,so that the cheque of $13,000

can be issue for you by my client.As soon as you received the cheque,I

will want you to send the balance of $5,000 to the shipping company that

will come for the shipment,so that they can be able to ship the vehicle

as fast as possible.

how could he scam me with that though.....if he sends me the money first and i cash it?

Its the way they do it the money looks as if it is in your account you send them $5000 then the cheque they have sent bounces and you are down $5000 stay clear its a con!

what if i wait until it clears? and take the cash out right away, just to see if its a scam? such as dont pay the shipper until it clears. haha because i would be waiting for the check to clear anyway i dont have 5 grand laying around. sorry for being so optimistic :P

I just e-mailed him and said how can i be sure this isnt a scam. Yeah i was wondering why he was going to trust me with 5 grand extra, was thinking he never visited america. Land of the politicians who loot the nation with the population.

Land of the politicians who loot the nation with the population.

:lol::lol::lol: Just finished reading the book "stupid white men" again I like the way americans lover their goverment :lol::lol::lol: sort of like us lot with our president blair :lol::lol:

Definately sounds like a scam to me, it one that as you can see has been around a few times.

yeah this sort of scam has been round for a long while.

id stand well clear of such and only sell to someone whos there or by the use of a reputable export/import company that can offer a form of insurance.

yeah i think ill pass on the offer then. yeahh and the young kids of america who see how bush lied to our country about the WMD.....we know we dont want him in office. Its just whenever i try to tell my mom that....she yells at me and says im against america lol Old people dont like change. www.whatreallyhappened.com go there for real political news.

interesting site there aberlifter.

The other scam going round at the moment is when car buyers get a call from someone saying that they represent an online database of car buyers and that they have a buyer matched for your car - they need a very small fee to put the buyer in contact with you.

They just need your credit card details for the small fee payment and your address so the buyer can view the car . . . . . . . . .

Do people really fall for this sort of thing ?

It's all of a sudden dawned on me where Jimlad must be getting his money from! :P

He seems to know a fair bit about these scams... :D

It's all of a sudden dawned on me where Jimlad must be getting his money from! :P

he he! :rolleyes: :P

This is one where they send you 20k isn't it & then ask you take out your share of the money for some reason or other - total scam!

ssssh !!! :lol:

the problem is that US cheques can be cancelled AFTER they have been cashed and cleared for up to 6 years later ..

so what if you withdraw the cash and close your account (if canceling the check once it clears is what the people wanted to do)

you'll then be chased by the Bank to pay ..

yep as numerous others have already said this is a well known scam. I read that it originates somewhere in Africa, FBI etc. still looking for em.

i sent a newsletter out in regards to this scam

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links