Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This A Dream Or A Nightmare

bh969

(cant open eBay at work)

but..........is it one of those 'fans' that you stick in front of the inlet?

Hi,

This is what it says......

You are bidding on a BRAND NEW Electric Supercharger kit for all years/models of Toyota MR2. Unlike typical superchargers that get power from engine belts and can easily damage and blow cylinders, the Electric Supercharger gets its power from the vacuum inside the throttle body as well as the 12 V power supply from your car Battery. Spinning at 200CFM at 8000 RPM. And using the activation switch included in the kit, you will be able to turn on your boost at open throttle for an instant kick, 1psi. This will allow you to control your boost without having to purchase a $300 boost controller or timer. The supercharger will ram air into the throttle body and significantly boost horsepower and torque.

:thumbsup:

I asked the same questions a few days ago. Looks like a bit of a gimmick really. Spoke to 1 of the chaps here with a supercharged Rolla (Knowlson, methinks) who's SC chucks out 13 psi boost whereas this thing chucks out 1 psi!. General consensus seemed to be to save my money. It's exactly the same principle as a Spiralmax or an Ecotek. Also been told by a Honda mechanic that a decent Forced induction filter should have similar effects.

there was a good thread about this on mr2ox UK including letters to and from the manufacturer. Personally I think youre better off investing in a NOS kit :thumbsup:

mmm.... could this be slapped into my car ? Don't know much about NOS. What else would need to be done to the car ? Anything ?

So could you go... big turbo kit + NoS ? = Fun ?

how many psi boost is a standard turbo say a rev1?

1 psi isnt going to do much. Also at 8000 rpm, this is way slower than a proper supercharger which operates at around 10 times this speed. This thing is going to cause extra losses by putting more load on the alternator. Doesnt sound like ots worth getting tbh.

mmm.... could this be slapped into my car ? Don't know much about NOS. What else would need to be done to the car ? Anything ?

So could you go... big turbo kit + NoS ?  =  Fun ?

You could nos your car easy enough..... the SHOCKMR2 i do the site for has it, had to have steel gaskets put in to stop it blowing up though, migt be a good excuse to get a fancy HG to cope with NOS/higher boost ;)

NOS is an oxidising agent, (better version of oxygen!) that makes fuel burn faster and with more of a bang. Your basically shuvving in more fuel and NOS to make it burn it all..... (so i believe!) Combining it with a big turbo will result in even more power B) but youll need some serious work on the engine and setup to get it all working spot on (air/fuel etc)

Get it done :D

the fan is pony .. It'll add 1psi at standstill but then become a blockage in the intake under load ..

and 1psi is sod all ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links