Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound Proofing

JON.XL

does every one else find the soundproofing a little weak in the Yaris?

The GF is going from a 1.0 GLS that suffers at motorway speeds to a TSport that stills Revs a little hard on the motorway, so i am considering increasing the sound proofing on the doors floor and firewall with Dynamat, to reduce the sound transmission.

Just wondered if anyone had pulled up there carpets for any reason and can comment on the O/E soundproofing?

JON

standard soundproofing in yaris is poor i recommend attacking all doors boot and sides with dynamat an maybe even the floor

This is the plan or i might even pump a load of body shorts in !!! Don`t know if she willl let me though as the car is being picked up next Thurs !!

Modding other peoples cars you just gota love it none of the expense but all of the fun!!!

the t-sport has much better sound proofing than the 1.0s

i noticed when fitting the install that the 1.0 had only a layer of 'fluff' up the firewall, but the tsport has got like a thick rubber and wool mat up the back of the dash

also ive slapped dynamat, carpet underlay and expansion foam all over the car and its rather more quiet these days

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links