Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris stereo stuff

OOTS

I've just fitted a new Kenwood head unit, but it’s above the cash tray where the tape deck was. Job is incomplete at the moment, but this is what I’ve done so far..

>>>READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU TRY IT<<<

I took the tape deck out, put 1mm spacers inside the plates attached to the cash tray. Ground off the dimples on the inside of the plates, this will allow the mounting tray for the new head unit to fit.

The hard part is marking and cutting the plastic fascia so you can fit the tray into it from the front. It’s easier to mark it from the back drill holes in the four corners and then join the holes from the front. Cut the hole smaller and file back this way you’re less likely to make mistakes. A dremell is good for this.

Put the fascia and the tray back together with the cash tray and the plates.

Drill the plates and the tray and bolt together, if you’re as lucky as I was there should be some play between the head unit and the tray.

I used a glue gun to hold the fascia to the cash tray, granted its a bit ruff but the fascia mounting screws are attached to the old tape deck.

Because the new tray is flat and the fascia is rounded the tray will stick out. I'm going to use masstick and then paint the console with black model paint...

I'll let you know how the painting goes and post some pictures when done..

Or just buy the type II facia from Toyota

there has been alot of discussion on that lately, needs the RAV4 facia adaptor aswell

No Problem i am removing the whole set up tommorrow as the car is being PX next week so i can get pphotos of the whole process

Now have the photos but i have no web space to host them, any one out that can help?

send the pics to sales AT vmail DOT tk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links